Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So it *is* possible after all! (*A awards in C)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So it *is* possible after all! (*A awards in C)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by cubfan99
+1. I was able to book ORD-WAW in March, for April travel.
Again, thats great you were able to book it in March, just like someone booked SN a year ago.... It has no relevance to the fact that LO (along with SN, ZH, BR, ET J) is not displaying on united. com CURRENTLY. This has nothing to do with availability, but with the funcionality of the site. Statements such as "I have seen SN offered" are pointless... yes once upon a time it was offered, as was LO and ET J - NOW its not displaying online (you have to ask for it on phone)

Do a simple WAW-FRA search on Jul.18

Now do a simple search on ANA/Aeroplan for the same thing.

See the difference?

now do a search for ADD-NBO on Jul.18 on united.com, and then same search on ANA/Aeroplan? Again see the difference???

lets try one more for everyone who says they once upon a time saw SN availability.
Try FCO-BRU on the same day? Again, see the difference?

Last edited by rankourabu; Jun 23, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder what the deal is then - if the system supported the functionality, there must have been other factors that disabled it...

Even with EVA, it is actually using the same system as SQ. In fact, if you book a UA award with both BR and SQ, the Amadeus locator is the same for both (i.e. same PNR).

Yet, you can see SQ availability on United.com (but not the locator itself if you booekd on UA) and you can't see availability for BR (yet you can see the locator).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Try finding LX F awards from the West Coast USA... THEN buy your lottery ticket if you do.
From what I understand, LX is not releasing any F awards to *A partners at all, even within 24 hrs from departure unlike its parent company LH.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
From what I understand, LX is not releasing any F awards to *A partners at all, even within 24 hrs from departure unlike its parent company LH.
That's kind of my point.

That being said, the OP should feel happy nonetheless even if this isn't exactly a standing triple gainer in terms of frequent flyer redemptions. Better than using your miles for magazines... and if you didn't have to pay a miles guru to do this, more power to you.

(I've also heard that LX Asia-ZRH is easier. Which would work for me- I like the nighttime flights...)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I've actually had more luck finding partner C awards than UA metal C this year. But, as I'm flying on a paid ticket on UA upgraded with GPU, I obviously need to keep my wife on UA, too, which has meant waitlists and EF alerts...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
yeah and a year ago you could book LO too.... how is it relevant now @:-)
Ha, you're right. Clearly it's dangerous to assume that if United had something working yesterday, it will work today...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just scored two tickets in Biz/First for my honeymoon next May

LAX-TPE(BR new C)-TPE-BKK(TG C)-BKK-SYD(TG F) - then cashing in some Amex Points SYD-OOL-SYD (VA C) and SYD-BKK(TG F)- then separate waste of points BKK-HKT-BKK (TG C) BKK-TPE (BR new C) TPE-LAX (BR new C)

There was even good availability on UA F/C to SYD also a good amount of AC C going down under... though I still have limited luck in finding NZ C going down under for any dates in the next 11 months...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kurt
I have seen SN offered, too, IAD-BRU.
SN not online now - I've found dozens of dates w/space on KVS, none on ual.com
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
So is there a thread or post somewhere that lists, for each *A award search tool (UA, AC, NH, EF, KVS), the airlines it shows award availability for, for those using UA miles?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Or anytime.
The only way I could get from EWR-AKL in C (Award Itinerary) in April 14 was on AC YYZ-NRT, then NZ from NRT-AKL. With two 10+ hour flights back-to-back, I should either be very well rested or a zombie extra from The Walking Dead
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I've booked C and F as a lowly general member quite successfully this year. On TG, NH, and ET

For some reason ET requires calling in and ticketing is a slow and laborious process, but the converse is that nearly every ET flight has some C space on it for award tickets.

I never see any NZ C space open up, except on 767 flights or BNE-AKL flights.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Joshua
I've booked C and F as a lowly general member quite successfully this year. On TG, NH, and ET

For some reason ET requires calling in and ticketing is a slow and laborious process, but the converse is that nearly every ET flight has some C space on it for award tickets.

I never see any NZ C space open up, except on 767 flights or BNE-AKL flights.
Booked a UA award itinerary EWR-YYZ-NRT-AKL in C last week. As of this morning, NZ90 (NRT-AKL) still shows availability in C. But I agree, nobody is stingier with its premium cabins using award miles than NZ.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Never have a problem booking award tickets in premium classes for whenever and wherever I want to go.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
Never have a problem booking award tickets in premium classes for whenever and wherever I want to go.
LAX-AKL?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by snic
So is there a thread or post somewhere that lists, for each *A award search tool (UA, AC, NH, EF, KVS), the airlines it shows award availability for, for those using UA miles?
UA - all except the 5 mentioned, and sometimes phantom inventory
AE - all but prefers AC/LH routings since AC charges YQ on those awards, same issues with some phantom inventory
NH - cannot handle more than one connection - but its the ultimate decider of what is actually available it seems
AV - shows all partners ... most of the time, slow site.
EF - shows all point to point, but false LH group inventory
KVS - scrapes ANA+AC very well + UA upgrades

There are other free scrapers out there as well.

I personally find KVS the most useful, but thats just me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.