Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by briank1973
I just got one. Never asked for it, and it's only the second time I've made 1K.
Just got mine today as well. First time 1K and had not requested it. I qualified in December and got my kit over a month ago.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
I had good luck last year flying to AUS from LAX. Gate checked bag would often arrive first at both airports. Not sure if the yellow mattered but from reading things here, seems like it did. I did six RTs in four months and it "worked out" on all of them.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
I received one a few years ago (GS). I want another one for another bag. I emailed and promptly received a response thanking me for my business and for contacting them. They said expect it in the mail 5 - 7 days. Very happy with quick response and result.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by skycrab
Just received ours. Have been 1K for about 6 months, LHR based.
Didn't ask for them either, they just turned up!
(bolding mine)

Same here. Been 1K since sometime in 2013 lol.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jewels421
My Velcro worked, but I sewed mine on anyways (took me 5 minutes to hand-baste). I only have one bag that would need to be gate-checked, so I don't need to switch between bags. If sewing intimidates you, you can always super glue or hot glue gun.
Originally Posted by flyingnosh
Just secure it with a cable tie. Keeps it from disappearing.
Originally Posted by TomA
I sewed the corners and superglued the edge. It will be easier to slice the glue with a razor if I ever need to remove it than to get another one from United if it gets lost.
I never worried about losing one until after checking at HKG CBD, it disappeared upon arrival in ORD. The baggage tag usually goes around the handle wrap too so I don't think it fell off either. I emailed customer service and they mailed me another. I remember the wording was something like "we'll request one for you. You should receive one if there are any left"

I never thought of sewing, gluing it on though. Good idea. I just have to be able to get it back off if I change bags.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingnosh
Just secure it with a cable tie. Keeps it from disappearing.
I took about a foot of Duck Tape (Mickey Mouse printed) sliced it into 2 thin strips (about 1/2 inch wide) and wound it around the ends after putting it over the carry handle. Its been quite secure now for several years.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Received mine in Toronto, probably 2 months after requesting on my 3rd or 4th call where the agent didn't say it was impossible and not being offered anymore.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Just got one without requesting. Flying RJs tomorrow, so I'll see if it works!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I really thought you guys were kidding about the ebay thing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-United-A...-/171713914168
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:14 pm

Got one in the mail today without request.

Sad that this mailer was nicer than the one my 1K credentials came in.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chavala
I really thought you guys were kidding about the ebay thing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-United-A...-/171713914168
For that price, I'm willing to sell mine!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnathome
For that price, I'm willing to sell mine!
Sold for $61 and looks like it was quite a bidding war. Who would pay that? They also have those stupid amenity tins. An empty, used NRT Friendly tin is already up to $9
I'm definitely hitting the superglue this weekend -- people will really be ready to steal them now.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
I called the GS line and asked for a new one. I ended up getting 2 new ones in the mail within 5 days of request! They are nicer than the old one I had from a few years ago. They actually start to wear after a few years of use.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by KevinPK1
I called the GS line and asked for a new one. I ended up getting 2 new ones in the mail within 5 days of request! They are nicer than the old one I had from a few years ago. They actually start to wear after a few years of use.
Mine that I received a couple years ago is fraying badly and after reading this I called to order a new one. She said it will be here in 7-10 days. I only use mine when I fly on UX..I keep it in the side pocket of my bag and pull it out only for UX gate checking. Yet it still is fraying.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm naive - why would anyone want one of these enough to pay $60 for it? I have it on my roller bag, but I was thinking of taking it off because it looks ugly. The only time I've had to check my bag it came out last anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.