FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Testing New Toilet Paper on Yesterday's UA 931 [16-Jun-2013] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1476867-ua-testing-new-toilet-paper-yesterdays-ua-931-16-jun-2013-a.html)

SFO_Runner Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

UA Testing New Toilet Paper on Yesterday's UA 931 [16-Jun-2013]

Apparently, they ran out in one lav half-way home and couldn't bother to transfer a roll from another.

Maybe this was part of the "split cashews" price savings. :p

Does SQ use Cottonelle? That's great stuff, BTW.

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/7959/ccy1.jpg

And before you ask, I went BACK to the lav AFTER I saw this. Didn't have the phone with me the first time. :p

PV_Premier Jun 17, 2013 12:49 pm

this is un-freakin-real.

FlyWorld Jun 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_Runner (Post 20938735)
Apparently, they ran out in one lav half-way home and couldn't bother to transfer a roll from another.

And before you ask, I went BACK to the lav AFTER I saw this. Didn't have the phone with me the first time. :p

Yuck!!!

I just hope they save more money so Jeff can get a bigger bonus.

Nothing else matters.

1k-all-the-way Jun 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Unreal...thsi should be the photo to accompany Smisek in the WSJ article.....

Another change we are going to like - big squares of thick toilet papaer!

Not even in my worst flights in the third world have I seen something so stupid...

sonic777 Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Wow. Well at least using that as toilet paper makes a fun way to vandalize a United logo...

flyingmusicianlax Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

At least I could do something useful with the logo... :D

1KPath Jun 17, 2013 1:03 pm

On an Int'l flight...inexcusable!!...Just shaking my head:rolleyes:

...and for what it is worth, when I worked for FAA Medical years ago, this would have been a violation and subject to a fine...but these days, who knows:confused:

sfozrhfco Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

fly by the tips of your fingers is a good quote for toilet paper too:D

demkr Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Completely ridiculous.

love_to_travel Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 20939005)
fly by the tips of your fingers is a good quote for toilet paper too:D

^ LOL :)

Is it strange that I bring my own on board? I use this

PV_Premier Jun 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 20939039)
Is it strange that I bring my own on board?

not crazy at all, when you apparently can't count on TP to be provided with the cost of your ticket.

boss315 Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

No, this cuts down on advertising expense

MisterBeauJangles Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by mitchmu (Post 20938808)
Yuck!!!

I just hope they save more money so Jeff can get a bigger bonus.

Nothing else matters.

In a sense, you are correct. Nothing else matters besides the performance of the stock. There is a logical correlation between profits, the performance of the stock and his bonus. Not one single thing matters besides returns to shareholders. If you don't understand this, or you feel there are things the airline "should" do (such as the all-too-often-used and equally-as-meaningless "do the right thing"), then you have no place in the business world.

mherdeg Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ddrost1 (Post 20939060)
not crazy at all, when you apparently can't count on TP to be provided with the cost of your ticket.

Some cheap British Airways flights are eligible for reduced TP.

fjfv19 Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm

This is just perfect. I also enjoy when they have a paper photo copy of the food menu in the J cabin - really giving customers a top notch premier travel experience.