Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Testing New Toilet Paper on Yesterday's UA 931 [16-Jun-2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Testing New Toilet Paper on Yesterday's UA 931 [16-Jun-2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by uanj
Even worse, imagine no TP!
Well - UA and/or other mainline carriers could invest in these state-of-the-art, no mess or used no TP, definitely need a bigger holding tank for grey water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCh5pQ09yJs

Costs & maintenance are obvious considerations - many FT's traveling throughout Asia are rather familiar with these, loved ours in HNL as our all-suite lodging have them in the master BR. It's a given in most if not all modern Japanese home as I understood ...

Prettty sure it's not going to happen, LOL - maybe, up front for the F cabin only as cost-savings are their motto.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
I risk FT wrath by coming to United's defense, but I would much rather a flight push off with some napkins in lieu of toilet paper vs. delaying the flight and making at least a few people miss a connection.
In this case, there is absolutely no defense. UA did not even attempt to apologize. If its executives had some common sense, they would have said something along the lines of: "The supplier provided less toilet paper than usual and ultimately, our crew decided to not delay the flight so that many of our valued passengers wouldn't miss their connections. We truly apologize for the inconvenience that our valued passengers encountered in some of the lavatories and we are taking steps to ensure that this doesn't occur again."
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by fly747first
In this case, there is absolutely no defense. UA did not even attempt to apologize. If its executives had some common sense, they would have said something along the lines of: "The supplier provided less toilet paper than usual and ultimately, our crew decided to not delay the flight so that many of our valued passengers wouldn't miss their connections. We truly apologize for the inconvenience that our valued passengers encountered in some of the lavatories and we are taking steps to ensure that this doesn't occur again."
Have to agree here. An apology can go a long way.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was on UA 463 (sUA 757) on 7/22 LAX-ORD. The front Economy lav ran out of toliet paper. I went to tell the FA in the back. She said "we are going to land soon anyway" and did nothing Too bad I didn't have a copy of this picture on my phone to show her

This was 15 minutes before the seat belt sign was turned on and 30 minutes before touch down. Lots of people were using to lav before the descend. You would think with this incident, they would be a little more sensitive on this front.

It was a terrible flight - my seatmate asked for hot tea twice and never got it.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by username
I was on UA 463 (sUA 757) on 7/22 LAX-ORD. The front Economy lav ran out of toliet paper. I went to tell the FA in the back. She said "we are going to land soon anyway" and did nothing Too bad I didn't have a copy of this picture on my phone to show her
... seatmate asked for hot tea twice and never got it.
^ Thanks for sharing - should've taken a picture of the loo - did FA left it in service. So what're the pax supposed to do Lazy or out of extra TP - indifference for the kettles

I would've ask for her name upon deplaning for the record & write/email UA for a followup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.