Go Back   > > >

Old Jun 17, 13, 11:24 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York, NY
Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 338
Lunatic Passenger on UA 116 from HKG

Ahh... always someone out there to add some craziness to a typical Monday morning..

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20..._river_default
AVIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:27 am   #2
  
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Under the Cone of Silence
Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Diamond; National EE; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Posts: 982
He must have eaten the fish...
Maxwell Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:35 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: ORD
Programs: AS, B6, HH, MR elite. Fly AS/AA/B6. BA, VX, WN, Hyatt too. 18-year UA/CO elite, UA now strong avoid.
Posts: 17,320
Was it Smisek?
BearX220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:46 am   #4
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,088
It IS a lot harder to sneak poison into whole cashews than ones already broken to pieces.
villox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:51 am   #5
  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC / YUL
Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,955
The article should go on to say that most of the other passengers felt similarly that they were being poisoned by United 's TPAC food offering in Y, he was just the only one to demonstrate his displeasure so vehemently. After nodding wistfully, the other passengers decided to subdue him.
fjfv19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:52 am   #6
  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: UA Plat (with 1K luggage tags and handle wrap)
Posts: 8,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by villox View Post
It IS a lot harder to sneak poison into whole cashews than ones already broken to pieces.
Post of the week.
mgcsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:55 am   #7
  
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfv19 View Post
The article should go on to say that most of the other passengers felt similarly that they were being poisoned by United 's TPAC food offering in Y, he was just the only one to demonstrate his displeasure so vehemently. After nodding wistfully, the other passengers decided to subdue him.
Food poisoning on UA is a given. For me, that's not even news. The stuff they serve barely, barely even qualifies as food anymore and I can't count the number of times I've been sickened from it. Seriously.
FlyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:58 am   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore/YYZ
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, National Exec, Hertz PC
Posts: 11,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
Post of the week.
Indeed. But the week is young!
aacharya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:13 pm   #9
  
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 479
Anyone else notice the picture used for this article? That A319 looks like it has some major problems!

I think that incident took place several years ago, if I'm not mistaken.
ualisthebst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:16 pm   #10
  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: UA Plat (with 1K luggage tags and handle wrap)
Posts: 8,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmu View Post
I can't count the number of times I've been sickened from it. Seriously.
Maybe you're allergic to something they put in many of the dishes?
mgcsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:19 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; Priority Club Plat; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 12,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualisthebst View Post
Anyone else notice the picture used for this article? That A319 looks like it has some major problems!

I think that incident took place several years ago, if I'm not mistaken.
In 2010--Good memory
Bonehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:20 pm   #12
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore/YYZ
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, National Exec, Hertz PC
Posts: 11,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
Maybe you're allergic to something they put in many of the dishes?
Or maybe he's finding another way to dig at UA, when clearly this has nothing to do with the food service?
aacharya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:21 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; Priority Club Plat; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 12,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
Or maybe he's finding another way to dig at UA, when clearly this has nothing to do with the food service?
Ya think?
Bonehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:28 pm   #14
  
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 4,511
A/C is on the ground. I would speculate that the pax would be quarantined until it is determined that there is no threat, but we'll see what happens.
EWR764 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 12:57 pm   #15
  
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
Maybe you're allergic to something they put in many of the dishes?
Yes, I am: chemicals, highly processed compounds, and genetically mutated organisms. When "food" is "cheap" - there's a good reason why.
FlyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:14 pm.

Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top