Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Kacee
See if you can SDC to the 11:25 a.m. (UA300) at exactly T-24. It is scheduled as the 3-class and currently R6.
Thanks for the idea. Looks like my seat map suddenly changed and ship #2511 assigned, so hopefully one last-minute Christmas present for me.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Thanks for the idea. Looks like my seat map suddenly changed and ship #2511 assigned, so hopefully one last-minute Christmas present for me.
Yup looks like you've got the Hawaii config. The 11:25 a.m. three-class is still R9 if Santa reneges.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: Platinum
Hey, we're flying on that plane tomorrow, HNL-SFO. Must be doing a quick turn back to HNL.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by frankmu
Hey, we're flying on that plane tomorrow, HNL-SFO. Must be doing a quick turn back to HNL.
Please don't break her for me

But have a good, enjoyable flight! (Though always tough to leave HNL, I know)
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
9 days out on a paid F fare HNL-IAH, and I still can't choose a seat. Guess they're really chopping & changing at the last minute!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:30 am

Please don't break her for me

But have a good, enjoyable flight! (Though always tough to leave HNL, I know)
Safe travels to you also! I hope it doesn't break on us also. The 777-200's seem pretty reliable (compared to the 747's and 767's)
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:42 am

Ironically, my DEN-SFO 752 was the one that broke and had to be substituted.

Enjoyed the new 772 F seats compared to old domestic F. Plenty of room, though I'm about an inch too tall and had to bend my knees even when fully reclined and footrest extended. Also, please someone use some WD40 on these seats, mine squeaked pretty bad and had to wrestle to move.

IFE, that's a different story. Streaming server broke 45 minutes into flight and was never repaired. Crew was confused whether or not it was even installed or how to reboot it. Didn't get to watch anything but movie list was the same aged list posted above. Definitely come prepared with your own IFE if you fly on this. A book, nap, and iPad movie of my own did the trick. I really hope stream-your-own-IFE certainly does not become the new standard. (Though I can see it coming.)

Last edited by CaptKornDog; Dec 30, 2013 at 12:27 am
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Orcair
N768UA (2368) was subbed on my ORD-FRA flight in 2011. Let's just say it was looking tatty then and the barcalounger was stabbing my back the entire time. Very enjoyable...

Good to see it will be refreshed or enhanced
If selfishly rather have a tattered up 3-cabin - looped PTVs nose to tail, and fully flat beds up front.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Mon., Jan. 27, 2014 | Guam (GUM) to Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Im flying that on a 777-200.. never seen that config before so im assuming its a PMUA bird... what am i look at in terms of seating/entertainment?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:43 pm

Ironically, my DEN-SFO 752 was the one that broke and had to be substituted.

Enjoyed the new 772 F seats compared to old domestic F. Plenty of room, though I'm about an inch too tall and had to bend my knees even when fully reclined and footrest extended. Also, please someone use some WD40 on these seats, mine squeaked pretty bad and had to wrestle to move.

IFE, that's a different story. Streaming server broke 45 minutes into flight and was never repaired. Crew was confused whether or not it was even installed or how to reboot it. Didn't get to watch anything but movie list was the same aged list posted above. Definitely come prepared with your own IFE of you fly on this. A book, nap, and iPad movie of my own did the trick. I really hope stream-your-own-IFE certainly does not become the new standard. (Though I can see it coming.)
I agree the seats are an improvement over the older seats, but I noticed the foot rests were pretty weak, and had a hard time staying in the upright position. The seats seemed reupholstered from the PS configuration, and seemed firmer (not as puffy as before, but not 737 firm).

Our FA's were shocked that there were no IFE's on this flight and were very apologetic. I counted 50 old movies on the streaming IFE, with several Madmen episodes. We were on the redeye, so I tried to sleep as much as I could. If this is the future, I will remember to load up on new movies and not bother with the streaming.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by xkr0p
Im flying that on a 777-200.. never seen that config before so im assuming its a PMUA bird... what am i look at in terms of seating/entertainment?
Sorry to break this to you, but this is the old 777 PMUA domestic config that is in process of being reconfigured. I've flown it four times (two r/t) in just over the past year, and brace yourself: it has the old overhead TVs

And not all of them work Guess they don't want to spend any more money before the reconfiguration.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xkr0p
Domestic F seat with 38" pitch.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 30, 2013 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Sorry to break this to you, but this is the old 777 PMUA domestic config that is in process of being reconfigured. I've flown it four times (two r/t) in just over the past year, and brace yourself: it has the old overhead TVs

And not all of them work Guess they don't want to spend any more money before the reconfiguration.
Yea ill live, fortunately I usually end up watching my own movies/tv on my iPad anyway. Just wanted to know what I was getting myself into.... lol

Originally Posted by Kacee
Domestic F seat with 38" pitch.
Thanks!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 29, 2013 at 7:04 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.