Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver award availability not displaying?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Saver award availability not displaying?

I was wondering if there has been a change to the way saver award availability is displayed for domestic tickets? When doing a search on united.com the date chart displays the green/blue that indicates saver first/business is available but when after clicking into a date only saver and standard economy shows as available.

I've run a few different random searches and I'm encountering the problem on pretty much every domestic city pair I've tried. Occasionally, there will be a connection available in saver business/first but the problem exists more often than not. International flight inventory doesn't seem to be affected.

I first noticed this on an EWR-HNL search. There was good availability on Wednesday, both direct and connecting, but when I repeated the search yesterday and today, I ran into the display problem. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem or if there has been a change I'm not aware of.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Are you showing the maximum number of results? (You can change this in advanced search settings).

It's possible that the availability is only on some convoluted routing that doesn't show up in the default number of results.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I just noticed this as well.

And I have tried all the combinations of number of results, checking UA flights only and un-checking UA flights only.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Not really. I'm trying pretty simple searches. For instance, BOS to IAD next April, the calendar shows the dates as green but clicking in neither saver or standard first/business awards are displaying as available despite the calendar indication that they are.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jackthedog
Not really. I'm trying pretty simple searches. For instance, BOS to IAD next April, the calendar shows the dates as green but clicking in neither saver or standard first/business awards are displaying as available despite the calendar indication that they are.
The OP is correct. Saver Y shows normally, but nothing shows at all for Saver F, even for those flights on mainline.

It's a glitch, because R, I and X space all show normally.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Standard F on flights with open seats are also not showing as available on .sux.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Well, it's good to know I'm not totally crazy and other people are seeing the issue. It was working fine Wednesday.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
ExpertFlyer then phone

I just booked an award flight for Sunday, in Saver First. First was completely blanked out in all award screens, Saver or Standard. I finally reverted to my paid ExpertFlyer subscription, found IN capacity on an ideal flight, and phoned in to book it. The agent couldn't see it at United.com either, but he could see it on his screen, and he could book it.

I'm quite sure this is just gross incompetence, but in the current environment why do I always imagine that United has some nefarious motive for doing this on purpose?
Old May 24, 2013, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Perhaps UA has adoped the DL award-booking software. I understand this is how it is every day when you try to book with skypesos.
Old May 25, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Award First bug at united.com?

Dear UA flyers, this isn't another threat about thrashing UA when in my mind it has already become the world's biggest underachiever and that's that, so I shall keep it objective.

Today, I had to change an award reservation. When I was looking at united.com, the flights that worked with my schedule both only showed award availability in Y, but when I called the UA Premier line, I was pleasantly surprised that the lovely agent who handled my call confirmed that F was available on both flights. I thanked the agent for her time and she thanked me for my business after making the requested changes. I immediately accessed my reservation online now seeing that the two segments are confirmed in "I" booking class or award first for domestic 2-cabin flights.

I did some dummy bookings and united.com still doesn't show "I" availability on the same flights even though currently, out of 20 seats, there is only one taken, i.e., by yours truly.

Is this a new united.com bug?
Old May 25, 2013, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
Dear UA flyers, this isn't another threat about thrashing UA when in my mind it has already become the world's biggest underachiever and that's that, so I shall keep it objective.

Today, I had to change an award reservation. When I was looking at united.com, the flights that worked with my schedule both only showed award availability in Y, but when I called the UA Premier line, I was pleasantly surprised that the lovely agent who handled my call confirmed that F was available on both flights. I thanked the agent for her time and she thanked me for my business after making the requested changes. I immediately accessed my reservation online now seeing that the two segments are confirmed in "I" booking class or award first for domestic 2-cabin flights.

I did some dummy bookings and united.com still doesn't show "I" availability on the same flights even though currently, out of 20 seats, there is only one taken, i.e., by yours truly.

Is this a new united.com bug?
Yes--I first noticed it Tues/Wed. Hopefully UA will quickly fix it...
Old May 25, 2013, 4:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Seems related to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...isplaying.html
Old May 25, 2013, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks!
Old May 27, 2013, 6:23 am
Original Poster

I was doing some checking on a flight yesterday and it seems to be fixed. I'm guessing and hoping it was just a temporary glitch.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:41 pm

Long time lurker, first time commenter, so please forgive me if the answer to my question turns out to be terribly obvious. I've been trying to book an economy saver award IAD to NAP on 8/25. I'd been seeing good availability a few days ago, all of which seems to have disappeared. A search in expert flyer shows some available saver awards, but when I called the rep couldn't see them. Is there something else I should try? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.