Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"There's too many of you to do a beverage service"

Old May 16, 2013, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K

Today on my flight to Seattle (which was delayed almost 2 hours), I was seated in First Class and asked for a Diet Coke after giving my coat. I was told "There's too many of you to do a beverage service" on a 737. She had plenty of time to talk with her colleague in the galley. Very pathetic.
Old May 16, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I hope you reported her.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
You definitely need to write this on your survey if you receive one and send in a complaint via Customer Care. Typical sCO attitude.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:38 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I find it amazing that other airlines in other countries can do a full meal service on a 1.5 hour flight by comparison.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Send in a webform, noting the flight & route. Make sure you note that there was time
Old May 16, 2013, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
Typical sCO attitude.
Completely unnecessary. There are bad apples at every airline, and in every group within every airline.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by star_world
Completely unnecessary. There are bad apples at every airline, and in every group within every airline.
I know it goes against your 100% zero-deviation-of-any-kind support of Smisek agenda on this forum, but this is my experience without any anomalies as someone who flies 100K a year.

sCO flight attendants tend to have a slower service and some don't provide beverage until meal is served an hour after takeoff. We've had many reports on here of them eating the snack basket.

I avoid sCO flights as much as I can -- mainly though because I desire a comfortable F seat.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TA
I find it amazing that other airlines in other countries can do a full meal service on a 1.5 hour flight by comparison.
to be fair it sounds like the OP was referring to pre-departure beverage

i am all for skipping PDB when it will expedite departure of an already delayed flight. on a 737, however, this is probably not the case since loading coach takes forever and a day with the outstanding UA boarding process.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by demkr
You definitely need to write this on your survey if you receive one and send in a complaint via Customer Care. Typical sCO attitude.
ORD-SEA - wouldn't that be an sUA crew?
Old May 16, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I think I recognize this dialogue from the film Jesus Christ Superstar.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:30 pm

With bad apple like this, I am thinking of sending form to praise the FA on my recent MRY-SFO.
For a 77 miles flight, the FA wrote down everyone's choice of beverage before take off and delivered all the drinks.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by aacharya
I hope you reported her.
I sent a note to 1K Voice as soon as she said it!

Originally Posted by ddrost1
to be fair it sounds like the OP was referring to pre-departure beverage

i am all for skipping PDB when it will expedite departure of an already delayed flight. on a 737, however, this is probably not the case since loading coach takes forever and a day with the outstanding UA boarding process.
Not to mention that we sat for over 20 minutes after boarding was done waiting for the final boarding of bags and 4 extra meals. Plenty of time.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 16, 2013 at 7:33 pm Reason: multi-quote should be used
Old May 16, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Flight was on a 737. Aircraft matters for figuring out pmCO or pmUA, not route.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No, not on an sCO 737.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:43 pm

Lil Abner's Year to Date Premier Segments: 87

Lil Abner's Year to Date Premier Miles: 112,819

Lil Abner's total experiences in steerage for 2013: 3

Lil Abner's total upgrades for 2013: 84

Lil Abner's total times NOT receiving pre-departure drinks: once maybe twice

Reasons for NOT getting a drink while boarding: Delayed flight and they were in a hurry to get the plane loaded and on its way.

# of times I felt that was being screwed for not getting something to drink during pre-departure: 0 out of 1 or 2 times

# of times that I just wished that people who don't have the foggiest idea how to put their excess crap in the overheads and sit their a$$es down and get the hell out of the aisle: Every time!

# of times I wished that the f/a would use the mic and tell people to move out of the way and forget about pre-departure formalities - Anytime we're running late

# of times I get tired the FT whines re comparison of pmUA vs pmCo service and lack of an early glass of wine: A zillion

# of times I almost puke hearing Smisek's name mentioned on here: Immeasurable as it's Never-Ending!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.