Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Award Entitled to E+?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Standard Award Entitled to E+?

I was under the impression that when booking a Standard Award you are entitled to an Economy Plus seat at no additional charge (even without status). Is that in fact the case?

I have a Standard Award reservation where the website is not letting me chose E+ and when calling in the agent says there's no such thing as free E+.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
You get the status perks that relate to the status tier of the accountholder who redeemed the miles. No free E+ for those without status.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
So wait, if I get a Saver award and I am Silver do I get the E+ at T-24 hours? And if I get it do I get a refund? Argh, booking with Silver
Old May 10, 2013, 12:20 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by matsonjb
So wait, if I get a Saver award and I am Silver do I get the E+ at T-24 hours? And if I get it do I get a refund? Argh, booking with Silver
Silvers will get E+ at T-24 hrs with an award ticket, whether it's Standard or Saver.

Why would you get a refund if you get E+? The question doesn't make sense to me.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:37 am

Sorry I meant to say that I got the Saver and then I paid for E+ for the wife, now if I clear E+ at T-24 will I get the refund?
Old May 10, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by dfny36
I was under the impression that when booking a Standard Award you are entitled to an Economy Plus seat at no additional charge (even without status). Is that in fact the case?

I have a Standard Award reservation where the website is not letting me chose E+ and when calling in the agent says there's no such thing as free E+.
sorry... no free E+
Old May 10, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Sorry I meant to say that I got the Saver and then I paid for E+ for the wife, now if I clear E+ at T-24 will I get the refund?
No, you do not. Even if you clear a complimentary upgrade to First, you will not receive a refund for Economy Plus. See full FAQs here.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:56 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Ah, I understand not.

Unfortunately, no refund.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by dfny36
A long time ago, this was true (full-fare tickets and standard awards were entitled to E+), but hasn't been so for quite a few years (not sure exactly when that change was made)
Old May 10, 2013, 8:53 am

^ Yeah I looked back at it and it said that the CPU can might clear with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.