Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K Voice Reaching Senior People - Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K Voice Reaching Senior People - Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I have been trying to get a straight (and correct) answer from 1kvoice regarding multiple failures to appear on the upgrade list on award tix (chase cc holder) for 3+ months. Quite honestly, I'd probably be less frustrated if 1kvoice didn't exist vs this complete CS failure.

Thus far they seem to be picking and choosing between:
A) Incorrect information
B) Contradictory information
C) Promises to get back to me (unfulfilled to date)
D) Boilerplate responses cut & pasted from the Chase site about credit card benefits
E) No response at all (despite a weekly followup email)
F) Some combination of the above
Old May 8, 2013, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by goalie
As to "Senior People", on my past two occasions to compliment two superb employees, I e-mailed SMI/J directly where I got a "thank you, we'll be sure to recognize <employee name here> but then about 3 days later for both, I rec'd personal e-mails from the employees' direct supervisor and the person in charge of their area of operations (FLL Station Mgr and TPA Rez)
Have any FTers actually received a personal response from SMI/J?

I know he reads email and forward when necessary. But I never heard that he replied any emails.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by garykung
Have any FTers actually received a personal response from SMI/J?

I know he reads email and forward when necessary. But I never heard that he replied any emails.
He's replied to all four of mine. Short, terse but informative. I'm very pleased. It's gotta be pretty dire when I e-mail him (An entire station is out of whack, etc) but it works when done sparingly.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
he or someone else does

I wrote him advising him to reconsider the decision to choose Shares over Apollo in early February of 2012. I asked him if it was the best choice while warning him of the loss of capability. He responded tersely "it is".

Oops!
Old May 9, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by tryathlete
I wrote him advising him to reconsider the decision to choose Shares over Apollo in early February of 2012. I asked him if it was the best choice while warning him of the loss of capability. He responded tersely "it is".

Oops!
Did you think there was a possibility he might have said "no, we're about to screw up, but I'm doing it anyway?"
Old May 10, 2013, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by halls120
I asked 1KVoice a question last Friday about earning PQM, and other than an automated verification of receipt, I've heard nothing.
Got a response to my question yesterday. Since it wasn't a time sensitive issue, I'm good with the delay.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by halls120
Got a response to my question yesterday. Since it wasn't a time sensitive issue, I'm good with the delay.
Hm. I've been getting a response within 24 hours for the last several months... maybe your question required escalation?
Old May 10, 2013, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Hm. I've been getting a response within 24 hours for the last several months... maybe your question required escalation?
I'm sure it did.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Write in for serious complaints, use email for lower level complaints.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
Write in for serious complaints, use email for lower level complaints.
What a pity to have so many complaints that you have to triage them by severity then deploy alternative strategies for addressing them depending on severity.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by mitchmu
What a pity to have so many complaints that you have to triage them by severity then deploy alternative strategies for addressing them depending on severity.
You don't think every company has a similar strategy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.