Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Type of Aircraft Does UA Use for HNL-NRT Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Type of Aircraft Does UA Use for HNL-NRT Flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 10:43 pm

Got the email about 2 weeks after the flight. The email includes a link to a page prompt for your travel date and flight number. The next page allow you to select $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Always go with the miles if they are worth it. I got offered $100 bucks or 15,000 and I took the miles...I don't know how they weren't equal but I didn't care.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Okay I rechecked for you since you did provide the actual date of your flight it's currently scheduled to be flown with aircraft #2368 which is still in the old configuration.

In terms of seat I hear it's a pretty good seat although getting on aircraft with the reconfigured product is better. I can't comment though never flown in Global First (not yet at least ha). Entertainment will be looped entertainment. Here's a link of movies etc you can expect to see on your flight http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...013-5-play.pdf.

Aircraft swaps do happen so keep checking flights stats I would say starting tomorrow or Thursday until day of your flight to see if it's changed to an IPTE configured aircraft. Aircraft #s 20xx, 27xx & 28xx all have the IPTE configuration. (These are the aircraft with AVOD) Aircraft #s 23xx and 29xx are the old 3-cabin configured aircraft that are yet to be reconfigured. (These are the aircraft with looped entertainment)

Having gone from the CO birds to the UA " almost ghetto bird) it's not pretty. In fact most are older worn birds. Such a shame because it use to be a great flight.

Hate to say it but prefer DL on this and only this run! I do the Guam run a lot.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling
oh okay that is good to know.

Have you ever flown global first HNL/NRT?

Anything I should know, food, service lounges.

Im flyin Thai F to BKK

I really do enjoy flying Thai in first class. If you flying an A380 (not sure what their schedule is now) it is a very nice experience in global first. Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi! Superb service for first class passengers getting off of 3-class Thai aircraft!! Enjoy!! I've done it several times now, and I never get tired of the royal treatment.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sim510
Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi!
Hm, my one and only TG FC got the cart and fast track Immigration, but it was off to CityLink train for me

Didn't have luggage, so just went straight to the exit ... maybe I was too fast for them

For the record mine was the evening flight from NRT.

EmailKid
Old May 8, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sim510
I really do enjoy flying Thai in first class. If you flying an A380 (not sure what their schedule is now) it is a very nice experience in global first. Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi! Superb service for first class passengers getting off of 3-class Thai aircraft!! Enjoy!! I've done it several times now, and I never get tired of the royal treatment.
TG flies the A380 to HKG and I believe Paris at present.

As far as the airport meet and greet, you can also get it from a private company if not arriving in F on a TG flight: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/backoffice/service.html
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 50_fishing
Got the email about 2 weeks after the flight. The email includes a link to a page prompt for your travel date and flight number. The next page allow you to select $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles.
sorry to bump the thread, but i was on this flight on another date and was on an older configuration 747. do you think if i reached out they would comp me some miles or is it not worth it? whom would i reach out to?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling
Can you tell me what I should expect in terms of seat?
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
In terms of seat I hear it's a pretty good seat although getting on aircraft with the reconfigured product is better. I can't comment though never flown in Global First (not yet at least ha). Entertainment will be looped entertainment. Here's a link of movies etc you can expect to see on your flight http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...013-5-play.pdf.
If it shows 3 rows in GF, it's the old config. 2 rows is IPTE.

Having flown both, the seats themselves aren't that different, IMHO (Biz Class is a different story). Both are quite comfortable. The IFE is the major difference as the old config is looped or cassettes and the IPTE has AVOD.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by wwu123
Did you get the e-mail before or after you flew? Because I'm also scheduled to fly this route next week on an old configuration 777 in F, yet when I booked it was a 747. When I e-mailed about the two First segments both being demoted after booking to older aircraft, all they offered was I could get a no-penalty refund.
On a different, route, but I booked UA DEN-HNL in a 3-cabin sUA 777, in Global First, it was an old config, but I was hoping for a swap to the new, but would have been happy with the old. Suddenly it changed to a domestic 2 cabin sUA 752. I called and was told Domestic first is equivalent to global first, which was a lie. I am hoping they do something.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by emanon256
On a different, route, but I booked UA DEN-HNL in a 3-cabin sUA 777, in Global First, it was an old config, but I was hoping for a swap to the new, but would have been happy with the old. Suddenly it changed to a domestic 2 cabin sUA 752. I called and was told Domestic first is equivalent to global first, which was a lie. I am hoping they do something.
Heck, domestic F isn't even equivalent to C on 3-class a/c.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by exerda
Heck, domestic F isn't even equivalent to C on 3-class a/c.
Yeah, I am really surprised they think that on the phone. Seems odd they would down gauge an 8-9 our flight, especially when hey keep bragging that all long hauls now hive lie flats. I checked for weeks and they are all sUA Domestic 752s now. In my experience it was always a wide body for years, usually a 3 class. They did often run the 752 on the DEN-OGG. I assumed the DEN-HNL went on to NRT.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:17 pm

I think the email was target. When I booked the flight, it was the new 772 configurations. About 1 month before travel, UA swicthed the flight to the old 772 and I lost my reserve seats! Since I caught the switch early, I selected another 2 seats for me and my wife. I didn't made any complaint or contact UA. So it was a pleasant surprise that both me and my wife got the email and pocket a total of 20K miles. That made our saver award from Honolulu to Thailand 27.5 K each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.