Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PVG transfer to China Eastern in PVG question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite

I'm arriving on UA in Global First into PVG and 5:45 PM and was looking at a transfer to a China Eastern flight that departs at 7:10 PM.

I've read that PVG does not have a transfer option without going through security and checking in again at desk and going through immigration again. Is this correct?

If so, I'm assuming this connection would never work?

Does PVG have an express line for Premium fliers for Immigration?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
The bottom line is that you need a longer connection time.

I've never seen an express line for premium passengers at PVG immigration. Even if there was one less than 1.5 hours to connect to a domestic flight is not enough.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JeffS
The bottom line is that you need a longer connection time.

I've never seen an express line for premium passengers at PVG immigration. Even if there was one less than 1.5 hours to connect to a domestic flight is not enough.
Also OP needs to change the terminal from T2 to T1. from PVG's T2 to T1 usually needs a 15 min walk.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:47 pm

In PVG, you will need to pickup luggage and re-check it at the regular domestic departure counter even with a *A connection. Also, the walk between T1 and T2 are really long. You will probably need at least 3 hr connection time.

2 years ago, UA sold me an itinerary with a connection to CA at PVG. The connection time was 2 hours. At around 18 hours before departure, a guy from their Indian call center called and told me that my connection time was not long enough and tried to change my connection flight over the phone. I could not understand what he was talking about, and he said to call back. I called back and the US-based agent told me that it was true. She then got me a seat with MU without any fee.

It turned out that my flight from LAX to PVG arrived 1.5 hr early, then I went to UA counter to change the connection flight to the original one without fee. I was silver at that time, I was surprised and glad that they called and allowed me to change the tickets 2x without fees.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by songzm
Also OP needs to change the terminal from T2 to T1. from PVG's T2 to T1 usually needs a 15 min walk.
I have a very similar flight:

SFO-PVG, arriving at 5:25pm @ T2 operated by UA.

PVG-DSP, departing at 9pm @ T1 operated by MU (China Eastern)

I'm guessing i'll have to reclaim the bag and recheck in as the two flight are on two different itinerary? So this the 3.5hr+ layover time enough time?

Thx,
Jason Sun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.