Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Nice handling of medical emergency on 799 into LGA today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k ; SW A+ Preferred; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

After a ATC-induced departure delay, followed by a 45 minute holding pattern south of Richmond,, the pilot announced we were on initial approach to LGA. A few minutes later the FA came on and asked if there was a doctor on board. I tuned into channel 9 just in time to hear the pilot declare a medical emergency due to a passenger going into insulin shock. We were cleared for a straight-in approach to runway 4 at LGA, although 31 was currently in use for arrivals. Fast descent, 2 minute taxi to the gate, paramedics got the patient off 5 minutes later. Given the sequester delays, typical LGA chaos on a late Friday afternoon, etc. it all went well and the UA crew, ATC, and responders couldn't have performed more professionally. Kudos to all.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ryerflyer
After a ATC-induced departure delay, followed by a 45 minute holding pattern south of Richmond,, the pilot announced we were on initial approach to LGA. A few minutes later the FA came on and asked if there was a doctor on board. I tuned into channel 9 just in time to hear the pilot declare a medical emergency due to a passenger going into insulin shock. We were cleared for a straight-in approach to runway 4 at LGA, although 31 was currently in use for arrivals. Fast descent, 2 minute taxi to the gate, paramedics got the patient off 5 minutes later. Given the sequester delays, typical LGA chaos on a late Friday afternoon, etc. it all went well and the UA crew, ATC, and responders couldn't have performed more professionally. Kudos to all.
Nice report and always good to hear about things working well.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 26, 2013 at 6:05 pm Reason: inappropriate content removed
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:25 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Always a pleasure to hear about such endings. It is amazing how everything falls into place on most such occasions. Things do work as they should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.