Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is Priority tag for mainline gate check normal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

On a recent flight I misjudged how quickly UA can turn a delayed mainline inbound.

So when I arrived at the gate Group 4 of a full flight was already boarding.

Needless to say my roll-aboard had no place to store, even though I was in first class, so I gate checked.

Flight attendant said just leave it at the front door. About 10 min later another FA came by and handed me an electronically printed tag, just like the kind if you get when checking a bag at the counter, with my MileagePlus number referenced.

Waiting at the carousel it came out with a Priority tag along with the others in that batch. Others who gate checked had the usual paper gate check tags.

Is this standard procedure now for being in first class or an elite? Or did I just find an intrepid flight attendant and gate agent?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Many stations have bag tag printers at the gate podiums. I assume they also have a stash of priority tags. I think they try to produce system generated bag tags so long as time allows. When it comes down close to departure time they likely resort to hand written tags. My guess is that you fell into the earlier group and got the full treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.