Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changing award ticket online - only once?

Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat

I changed the dates of my award ticket. Tried to make another change online. Before, I was able to click "change" and select alternative flights. Now I am getting an "error". When does United allow to change award tickets online and when not? Are you allowed to only change once?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I changed the dates of my award ticket. Tried to make another change online. Before, I was able to click "change" and select alternative flights. Now I am getting an "error". When does United allow to change award tickets online and when not? Are you allowed to only change once?
no, that is system problem. You can change it as many times as you need. But you need to be at least platinum to avoid fee.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
no, that is system problem. You can change it as many times as you need. But you need to be at least platinum to avoid fee.
i am fine with fees. but i am simply not able to initiate any change online. always getting an error.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:11 am

i am fine with fees. but i am simply not able to initiate any change online. always getting an error.
The change feature has always been buggy. Gotta call.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
The change feature has always been buggy. Gotta call.
yes, it is always like that. You need to call and find an agent help you to change.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:32 am
Original Poster

any way to find out when you can change online and when not?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
any way to find out when you can change online and when not?
Nope. You just have to go through the motions and see if it takes or not. I am less than 50% for having an award change take when attempting online. No problems doing it over the phone. Just a few more minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sakaike
Nope. You just have to go through the motions and see if it takes or not. I am less than 50% for having an award change take when attempting online. No problems doing it over the phone. Just a few more minutes of my life I'll never get back.
thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And when you change, availability seems to show fewer choices than if you booked fresh a lot of the time.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
And when you change, availability seems to show fewer choices than if you booked fresh a lot of the time.
yes, that is also my experience. I always need to make a call to get my desired flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.