No / very limited E+???

Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

No / very limited E+???

LAS - EWR today in a 737-800. Only the exit rows were E+. Total of 12 seats. Since there were 24 names not cleared for upgrades, that means there were a whole lot of silvers and golds without E+.

How could I have know this at the time of booking so I could have avoided a non E+ plane? Even Seat Guru (when I was trying to select my seat) thought it was an E+ config.

Thank you,
BJFly
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.580 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Look at the seat map and select seats before purchasing? Seems pretty simple to me!

Tim
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BJfly
.... How could I have know this at the time of booking so I could have avoided a non E+ plane? ....
during the process of adding E+ to sCO aircraft, it came be a guessing game until all mainline aircraft are modified. Once you get within in a few days of travel, the actual aircraft is tentatively selected (with last minute changes possible). Guess you could try to avoid any aircraft type not yet 100% converted.

Originally Posted by TimInSF
... Look at the seat map and select seats before purchasing? Seems pretty simple to me!

Tim
except that is not reliable either way. (for aircraft type still in the conversion process)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
LAS - EWR today in a 737-800. Only the exit rows were E+. Total of 12 seats. Since there were 24 names not cleared for upgrades, that means there were a whole lot of silvers and golds without E+.

How could I have know this at the time of booking so I could have avoided a non E+ plane? Even Seat Guru (when I was trying to select my seat) thought it was an E+ config.

Thank you,
BJFly
Not that it will make a huge difference, but aren't there 6 bulkhead E+ also, making it a total of 18? (Rows 7, 20, and 21).
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
How many planes still don't offer a "normal" sized E+ cabin this long after the merger?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmr12
How many planes still don't offer a "normal" sized E+ cabin this long after the merger?
It tracked here The United Airlines Fleet Website

of the sCO fleet, the 738 and 739 are the least complete and about 2/3s of them are done. The 735, 737 (non-Guam versions), 753, 763, 772, .... are mostly done.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Did you take a connecting flight? I don't see a 737-800 LAS-EWR nonstop on 3/13 or 3/12; do I have the wrong day? According to the seat maps for Wed's nonstops, the only plane that wasn't E+ config was at 6am, UA1111 which was a 737-900.

There's always a possibility of an a/c swap but in general you could look for any 757-200 (there were several of those nonstop on 3/13) or an A319/A320 (didn't see any of these nonstop for 3/12 or 3/13)
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:08 am
Original Poster

No / very limited E+???

It was the non stop 6am, so I guess I had the exact plane model wrong. Sorry.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
UA announced that it would take about a year to complete the switchover and the announcement was made last June. The update looks as though it's progressing apace. Remember, E+ is actually a hard product swap and needs to be FAA certified, not just a matter of boarding a new menu item.

Golds were free to select E+ at time of booking. Silver's likely SOL on this configuration because they can't select E+ until T-24. But, that's not unfair.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:45 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Question ECONOMY PLUS loses reserved seating capacity!

I was checking out seating availability for Monday July 8, flight UA1270. For the SEA-ANC leg, leaving SEA at 12:47 pm, rows 8-15 show for sale as Economy seating! These are normally reserved E+ seating. This is especially troubling since this is a Monday flight on a tourist-heavy route in July, which is high season for visiting Alaska!

Only 2 seats show for E+! Has anyone noticed reduced E+ reserved capacity on other flights?

What is happening here? Where is all the E+ seating? How will Premier Silvers get E+ seating at checkin time?

Is this the beginning of another way UA is possibly continuing to reduce benefits for Premier members?

Last edited by mkr; Jul 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mkr
I was checking out seating availability for Monday July 8, flight UA1270. For the SEA-ANC leg, leaving SEA at 12:47 pm, rows 8-15 show for sale as Economy seating! These are normally reserved E+ seating. This is especially troubling since this is a Monday flight on a tourist-heavy route in July, which is high season for visiting Alaska!

Only 2 seats show for E+! Has anyone noticed reduced E+ reserved capacity on other flights?

What is happening here? Where is all the E+ seating? How will Premier Silvers get E+ seating at checkin time?

Is this the beginning of another way UA is possibly continuing to reduce benefits for Premier members?
Take a deep breath. That flight will be operated on a/c #3451, a 737-900 with no E+ seating.

Happily, though, the seats toward the front of the plane are reserved for premiers, including Silvers. But they're not E+.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Hard to sell E+ on a plane that doesn't have it...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:58 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
.... That flight will be operated on a/c #3451, a 737-900 with no E+ seating.....
Thanks mgcsinc for your response. Would you mind informing me where did you get the information for the a/c #3451 to know that it does not have E+ seating? Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks mgcsinc for your response. Would you mind informing me where did you get the information for the a/c #3451 to know that it does not have E+ seating? Thanks
Umm, United Fleet Status?

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

But why not go with your original post/conspiracy theory, in bold and in all red to boot? FT (at least this forum) has really gone downhill, with folks posting without a lick of research - and everything being linked to a status downgrade for Premiers.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mkr
The folks who maintain the fleet page at http://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/ do a great job navigate to United Mainline Fleet ==>> Boeing 737-900 ===> and filter down to AIRCRAFT = 3451.

You can get the ship number for your flight from the united.com "flight status" page or from the mobile.united.com status page both will say what aircraft number is assigned to operate your flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.