Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Transfer from Chase Ultimate Rewards to MileagePlus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from Chase Ultimate Rewards to MileagePlus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
I just transfer over 50,000 Ultimate Rewards to my United account because my husband and I wanted to take a last minute trip to Vegas this weekend. Went to book the tickets and they are charging me $150 service fee?? WTH?.. I guess no way around this?
They're charging you the award close-in booking fee (fewer than 21 days before departure) of $75 per ticket, as listed on this website:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ticketing.aspx
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:20 pm

Sorry to sound dumb but what is the UA Club card?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
the club card is the upgraded mileage plus explorer card that cost 400$ but comes with some benefits (such as no late award booking fee). If you do one trip like this a year, not worth the 400 for the card - just eat it. If you are premiere silver+ you can get the first year waived BUT it would definitely take awhile for it to come (1week). 150 isn't bad when you could have paid full fare (just make sure there are no alternatives so you can save the miles. I would pay 200 more to save 50k miles+ easily. I only use my miles for International First.)
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA
Sorry to sound dumb but what is the UA Club card?
He's referring to the Chase United Club Credit Card. One of the features of the card is no award close-in fees.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

Edit: don't apply for the card through this link, there are probably better deals for this card out there... I just posted it for reference.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:31 pm

Got it thanks.. After I added on the seats since there was nothing left it was almost 450.00 for my free ticket. UGH. I might just wait and change the dates. I booked miles to Hawaii in first class and dont remember any fee a few months back, maybe I just did not notice. Thanks for the information.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:38 pm
Suspended

I just transfer over 50,000 Ultimate Rewards to my United account because my husband and I wanted to take a last minute trip to Vegas this weekend. Went to book the tickets and they are charging me $150 service fee?? WTH?.. I guess no way around this?
if your trip is <21 days from now and you dont have Status with UA then its $75
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by craz
if your trip is <21 days from now and you dont have Status with UA then its $75
I think the fee is $75 per person, so for 2 it would come out to $150.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
is there no way to speed up this transfer? i transferred to my own UA account and it has been 24 hours with no miles...in the pas it was instant.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by JBauer
is there no way to speed up this transfer? i transferred to my own UA account and it has been 24 hours with no miles...in the pas it was instant.
I transfer my miles pretty much every month and it never takes more than 5 minutes. Might be worth a call
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:57 am

thanks. frustrating. I called Chase and they say can take 48 hours. it never has before? and on their website it says my transfer is "fulfilled"...the fleeting availability of United award tics makes this rather useless if you have to wait 48 hours.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
UR-United transfer not reliably instant
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I've had it both ways. Sometimes instant and sometimes a few days for the transfer.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
thanks. frustrating. I called Chase and they say can take 48 hours. it never has before? and on their website it says my transfer is "fulfilled"...the fleeting availability of United award tics makes this rather useless if you have to wait 48 hours.
You have probably done this, but in case you haven't, make sure to log out and back in to your UA account. The first time I transferred UR to Avios I didn't realize this was necessary and got quite frustrated at the "delay."

There are various ways to put a UA award "on hold," including particularly FareLock. See also:

what-you-need-to-know-about-united-award-holds

a-new-method-to-hold-united-award-and-revenue-tickets
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:32 pm

thanks for the tricks.

2 days in. no miles in UA...Chase people have been worthless. Now say it could take up to 7 days? it's always been immediate for me.

miles transfers are worthless if it takes that long.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
thanks for the tricks.

2 days in. no miles in UA...Chase people have been worthless. Now say it could take up to 7 days? it's always been immediate for me.

miles transfers are worthless if it takes that long.
You should definitely double check you used the right MP account number. I recently transferred a few thousand miles from my Chase UR account to my United MP account because I was short on the miles needed for a reward ticket. It literally took 1 or 2 minutes. I had the United booking page up and by the time I clicked back, the miles were already transferred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.