Wiki Posts
Search

Travelocity.com vs United.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Travelocity.com vs United.com

Hi,

I wanted to book a flight from SFO to IST.

I found an itinerary on Travelocity, SFO-BOS-ZRH-IST that had departure and arrival time I liked. But this itinerary doesn't come up if I search for SFO to IST on United.com. Only way I could pull it up was if I do multi-city search, and the ticket price was 3X more than travelocity price. I finally bought the ticket on travelocity. There is a slim chance I may have to cancel the trip, in which case I don't get any money back from travelocity.

Just curious, why was travelocity able to offer this trip but United.com did not?

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:37 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
I'm guessing that the BOS-ZRH and ZRH-IST are on Swiss or Turkish as codeshares. United doesn't offer that specific routing with their own planes which is why you had to look for it using the multi-city approach.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Maybe hipmunk will help find that routing?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hipmunk is your best friend in a case like this. Once you have tried it, you will never go back to travelocity....
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:47 pm

You can still cancel a flight booked on Travelocity. You just call Travelocity (not United).

http://www.travelocity.com/Promotion...e_main,00.html
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I saw their 24 hour cancellation policy. I just posted the question today. I bought the tickets a week ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.