Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:17 pm

I purchased it directly on Kayak and there was no booking class on my receipt. I believe the Y-Class shown on my MileagePlus summary is the actual booking class, not just the cabin. Y-Class is full fare economy and earns 100%.

I have an unrelated Turkish Airlines flight on there (IST - FRA) that shows up as V-Class where I was properly awarded 100% mileage credit. So I'm confident that the Y-Class shown for the first leg of the itinerary is the actual fare class. My question is if it's possible to buy a round trip ticket with just two legs and have them ticketed as different fare classes.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If Y is indeed the selling class (certainly possible to combine this with a V fare in the other direction) you should get full miles. You said 'battling UA'. What have they been saying to you?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by qwzx1234
I flew a round trip from Istanbul (IST) to Cairo (CAI) on Turkish Airlines. I departed IST on 16 Feb 2014 and returned to IST on 19 Feb 2014. I requested United MileagePlus credit after the trip and was awarded 764 miles for the IST - CAI leg (showed Y-class on my MileagePlus summary). However, I never received miles for the CAI - IST leg and have been battling United for 6 months via online requests and over the phone to get those miles. Is there some reason why I would be eligible for miles on one leg of a round trip and not the other?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, qwzx1234!

Since this question is specifically about the UA program, I'll move it to the UA forum where the experts therein can provide further input.

Please note this thread originated in the flame-free Information Desk forum.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
When did you request the TK mileage credit from MileagePlus? You have six months to request. If your request for missing mileage was put in after 8/16-8/19, it will be denied because you waited too long.

And are you sure you booked into Y? Full fare economy on that route is about 2000 TRY. Is that about what you paid for your ticket?

And were your flights operated by Turkish Airlines or by EgyptAir? Turkish Airlines and EgyptAir codeshare on that route, and even tough your ticket may say TK it may have been operated by EgyptAir. What was?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
When did you request the TK mileage credit from MileagePlus? You have six months to request. If your request for missing mileage was put in after 8/16-8/19, it will be denied because you waited too long.

And are you sure you booked into Y? Full fare economy on that route is about 2000 TRY. Is that about what you paid for your ticket?

And were your flights operated by Turkish Airlines or by EgyptAir? Turkish Airlines and EgyptAir codeshare on that route, and even tough your ticket may say TK it may have been operated by EgyptAir. What was?
You are incorrect. From United's website:

Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

Last edited by goalie; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:45 am Reason: unnecessary
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I consider retroactive credit to be pretty esoteric, and I didn't know it was 12 months until yesterday when I looked it up. Why would someone who has never had need of a piece of information know it?

Last edited by goalie; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:45 am Reason: removed response to edited post
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I consider retroactive credit to be pretty esoteric, and I didn't know it was 12 months until yesterday when I looked it up. Why would someone who has never had need of a piece of information know it?
Because they made a claim regarding the dates - versus not saying anything at all.

Last edited by goalie; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:46 am Reason: edited quoted post
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Because they made a claim regarding the dates - versus not saying anything at all.
I stand corrected. Somehow I thought it was six months, don't know where that came from. 12 months it is, then.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
I think the problem is with Turkish. I've also had similar problems with Ethiopian. I've flown them several times and, for some reason, short flights show up quickly in UA mileage plus and long flights do not. I have had to wait through the waiting period and call. If you don't have the original documentation, get it from Turkish and submit it to United. There is no reason you should not have the miles if it was a Turkish flight.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Are there airlines to avoid re: Miles not posting?

Given the extent of fine print that exists within the ticketing world, are there airlines to avoid if you want to make sure your miles post (even when you look at the fare class and it appears to be legit)?

I bring this up because someone mentioned Ethiopian taking a lot of time. And I was planning to fly Ethiopian in late October. If there's a chance the miles won't post, even a slight one, then I'll fly something else, even at quite a bit more $$$.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:21 am

As far as waiting too long, I requested it almost immediately after the trip back in February and followed up with more requests and phone calls. On the phone they just say they'll submit it to Turkish and I should wait 14 days. Then of course, no miles show up. If full fare is 2000 TRY, then there's no way I actually had a full fare ticket. I paid $182.20 USD all in for the round trip. Is it possible they made a mistake giving me miles for the outbound leg and I should just count my blessings?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by qwzx1234
As far as waiting too long, I requested it almost immediately after the trip back in February and followed up with more requests and phone calls. On the phone they just say they'll submit it to Turkish and I should wait 14 days. Then of course, no miles show up. If full fare is 2000 TRY, then there's no way I actually had a full fare ticket. I paid $182.20 USD all in for the round trip. Is it possible they made a mistake giving me miles for the outbound leg and I should just count my blessings?
It is also quite possible that your outbound and return legs were in different classes, and that the outbound is eligible but the return is not. Unless you can find out what the fare classes were, there is no way to tell.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:43 pm
Suspended

I have a question. On United, premier mileage bonuses, list below

"Premier bonus award miles on United, United Express, Copa Airlines and select partner airlines"

I'm United Silver, flew SAS from ARN-LON, and ARN-GVA the last 2 weeks, but never receive any bonus miles, any ideas ?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
I have a question. On United, premier mileage bonuses, list below

"Premier bonus award miles on United, United Express, Copa Airlines and select partner airlines"

I'm United Silver, flew SAS from ARN-LON, and ARN-GVA the last 2 weeks, but never receive any bonus miles, any ideas ?
The answer is in the text you quoted. "Select partner airlines." SAS is not one of those select partners.

SAS earnings on United.com
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exerda
The answer is in the text you quoted. "Select partner airlines." SAS is not one of those select partners.

SAS earnings on United.com
oh crap, but how do I know who's UNITED select partners ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.