Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Booked BusinessFirst - now says Upgrade Confirmed?

Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I booked an award flight recently with one direction a saver first award and the other a standard business award. However, saver first was not available for one segment at booking, so I was put in economy.

IAH-ORD Economy (X)
ORD-FRA First (O)
FRA-MLA Economy (X)

NCE-FRA Business (I)
FRA-IAH BusinessFirst (JN)

Today I saw that saver first availability had opened up on the IAH-ORD segment, so I called United and they changed it to First (I).

However, I just looked at the reservation and now for the FRA-IAH segment under BusinessFirst (JN) it says "Upgrade Confirmed". I have no status with United, so please forgive my ignorance; I've never dealt with upgrades before. My question is whether should I be concerned about this? Or does it not matter? I guess my concern is whether I can lose this "upgrade" now, which shouldn't happen because I didn't upgrade - I actually booked BusinessFirst.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
one of the many well-known bugs in the software, no need to worry.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure. It definitely helps my peace of mind to get some assurance from FT
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Not that additional confirmation is needed, but I can attest to many of my award itineraries reflecting the same thing after a call in to change to a premium cabin when it wasn't originally available. I never had a problem with this, didn't lose anything, and agree with the above advice not to worry about it.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Additional confirmation is always appreciated, enki. Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.