Search

Official Mini-DO IAH Feb 23

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EP, HH-D, Marriott-G,HPass-PL, Avis-Pres, Hertz-Pres
Count me in if spaces are still open!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:30 am
Original Poster

8 out of the 15 guaranteed spots have been taken, so if you want in, pay soon!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
Just paid...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Event is currently full with a waitlist started. If you would like to go and are willing to pay within 48 hours of notification of potential opening of more spots, please post in this thread and I will add you to the waitlist. If we get enough people on the waitlist, we will consider moving to a larger room.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I am a little slow in finding this thread, so please add me to the confirmed list!

I will be at the Westin Galleria for a convention that ends that Saturday morning and would love to be able to attend. Been to like 4 or 5 of these IAH mini-do's and I wouldn't want to miss it!!!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Will add you to the waitlist.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by JC1120
Will add you to the waitlist.
You talked about the waitlist and possibly getting a new room - how many additional people need to sign-up before you move to a bigger room? Is there even a bigger room available? Or am I just waiting for someone else to drop-out that is already confirmed?

I am just trying to gauge my chances of attending...
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Here with the same set of questions as theblakefish and maybe with the thought that the two of us could possibly push it over the top to make the group sized properly for a larger room.

If the larger room is arranged, we would like to be there but I need probably four or five days advance notice since I do have something in Houston that would need to be set up for either before or after the Mini-DO.

Last edited by monitor; Feb 4, 2013 at 11:10 pm
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

I'll need 10 on the waitlist to move to a larger room. We just had one drop out, so I'm actually in the process of trying to clear one off the waitlist (theblakefish might get lucky here).
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The above post was relatively so pessimistic about clearing of the waitlist so we are withdrawing our names, especially since a very good fare came up to a business destination that we needed to visit sometime this month. Our Houston stuff will wait a month or two.

Thank you for the work on this thing JC1120 and I guess that I will just need to be a bit more on my toes to keep an eye out for the next one before it fills.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
The above post was relatively so pessimistic about clearing of the waitlist so we are withdrawing our names, especially since a very good fare came up to a business destination that we needed to visit sometime this month. Our Houston stuff will wait a month or two.

Thank you for the work on this thing JC1120 and I guess that I will just need to be a bit more on my toes to keep an eye out for the next one before it fills.
Sorry, you're probably right that it won't clear at this point. We'll see you at the next one hopefully!

About one more week, looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by JC1120
FFG is pleased to announce that the next official Mini-DO / FFG Charity Event will be held on Feb 23 in Houston! For those of you unfamiliar with these events, a mini-DO is a gathering of FT/MP members. UA representatives may be present but is not guaranteed. FFG will work to have some interesting items available for auction, benefiting United WeCare, an employee charity.

Jasper's (9595 Six Pines Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380)
11:30am to 2:00pm on Saturday Feb 23
$50 prepaid (http://www.ffgiving.org/events/iah-feb-2013.php)

What you'll get:
Appetizers for the table
3 course menu, with your choice of appetizer (2 options), entree (3 options), and dessert (2 options)
Access to the Charity Auction

For those of you that have never heard of Jasper's, the executive chef is Kent Rathbun, who's cooked for George W. Bush (Inaugural Ball), Jacques Pepin, Queen Elizabeth, and Oprah Winfrey. The Woodlands is a planned community about 30 min north of downtown Houston, and is fairly close to IAH airport. Event will be limited to the first 15 people who sign-up and pay, with any additional interest placed onto a waitlist.

Waitlist (2)
geoffco (FT)
CoFreqFlyer (MP)
Wait...I don't see any wine listed as included with the meal. There will be wine there, I hope...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Wait...I don't see any wine listed as included with the meal. There will be wine there, I hope...
The restaurant does serve wine, and they will be happy to take your United MileagePlus or Explorer Card as a trade for such beverages.

See everyone Saturday!

By the way, there's one open spot. COFreqFlyer (MP) has first dibs, but if he can't make it, it might be your lucky day.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Love to try to join at some point on a future date. I am flying out at 11:43 that morning from IAH. Hard to be 2 places at the same time.

But I will look out for the next one.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Filled the last spot! See all of you on Saturday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.