Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to O/ON coming Feb. 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cova
From what I can see, it looks like F reward seats on UA are mostly gone. What used to be a good reward to get (F out of IAD) is now completely gone.

?

Random search out of IAH shows some F to random destinations (KIX, LHR, FRA, MUC)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
I missed this thread earlier and got caught by surprise today. ExpertFlyer told me ON was available on a flight I'm watching, and .bomb showed ON2 O0. The website wouldn't let me book so I called in and learned the unpleasant news.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
I missed this thread earlier and got caught by surprise today. ExpertFlyer told me ON was available on a flight I'm watching, and .bomb showed ON2 O0. The website wouldn't let me book so I called in and learned the unpleasant news.
Yeah, I tried to start a new thread with a less cryptic title that this so that everyone would be able to make F travel plans before the change, but the Mods did not feel it was warranted. Too bad, as I think lots of people did not realize this change was coming.

I ended up booking 3 F class RTs over the next 9 months. May not take them, but at least I have them held if I want them. This was the last chance we had for easy F awards to SYD.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by blueman2
I ended up booking 3 F class RTs over the next 9 months. May not take them, but at least I have them held if I want them. This was the last chance we had for easy F awards to SYD.
As a GS, you shouldn't have problem with the ON space. Bad for 1K's... good for GS.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
?

Random search out of IAH shows some F to random destinations (KIX, LHR, FRA, MUC)
I was referring to IAD - which used to be easy for F rewards. Random searches I only saw UA F out of EWR. It could be the EWR and IAH departures are mostly legacy CO aircraft with the new BF seat and people go with that.

IAD flights are mostly legacy UA with 3-class.

Originally Posted by ps9a
As a GS, you shouldn't have problem with the ON space. Bad for 1K's... good for GS.
ON is only for upgrade from Business. All saver reward travel in UA F is from "O" for all elite tiers including GS.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 19, 2013 at 8:58 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
ON is only for upgrade from Business. All saver reward travel in UA F is from "O" for all elite tiers including GS.
I think ps9a was referring to reports of GS being able to call the GS line and request conversion of ON into O. This is similar to the pmUA ability to convert NF into XF. Not a published benefit, but then it never was. Good to see news of this benefit returning for GS.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by blueman2
I think ps9a was referring to reports of GS being able to call the GS line and request conversion of ON into O. This is similar to the pmUA ability to convert NF into XF. Not a published benefit, but then it never was. Good to see news of this benefit returning for GS.
That's what I'd read, but I'm unfortunately unable to test it myself

Last edited by ps9a; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
From what I can see, this is turning out to be a major downgrade in Elite benefits - loss of ON reward.. Take LAX/SFO to SYD - No F rewards at first opportunity and I don't see J rewards either at first opportunity and certainly not increased as stated.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
From what I can see, this is turning out to be a major downgrade in Elite benefits - loss of ON reward.. Take LAX/SFO to SYD - No F rewards at first opportunity and I don't see J rewards either at first opportunity and certainly not increased as stated.
Yes the very generous last minute SaverFirst awards are now gone and sadly so then is my last good reason for flying United.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Just booked a trip to Asia for May and was very pleased to see ON space available on both of my preferred flights. Now confirmed in GF with a BF price hitting the expense report.

Checked some other flights out of curiosity and found most flights had ON availability. Only found one flight out of a dozen or so with O space, however.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Just booked a trip to Asia for May and was very pleased to see ON space available on both of my preferred flights. Now confirmed in GF with a BF price hitting the expense report.

Checked some other flights out of curiosity and found most flights had ON availability. Only found one flight out of a dozen or so with O space, however.
Of course if you are paying for J then actually flying J on another airline is probably better than F on UA
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
ON upgrade? Is this for 1K only?

Hi folks,
Lost my cheat sheet: who qualifies for an ON upgrade? Is this for 1K only?
Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
C > F on 3-cabin a/c. The last sticky thread has index, from which you can find fare list
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
This is the thread you want:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-1-2013-a.html
Old May 7, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Heads up

No doubt another SHARES problem. I just had to phone in to change a December booking on a inter-EU LH trip which is part of a pre-Feb. 1st "ON" booked trip starting on UA. After 45 minutes on the phone getting the LH segments re-booked I logged in to see that my "ON" on UA had been changed to "I". Another 45 minutes and finally got it changed back into "F" but in "ON" again. I predicted this would be a problem and now have seen its fruition. Just yet another thing to monitor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.