Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
There are no free upgrades on EWR-HNL.

E+ is the same as others, but no benefit of Row 12/20 (non-reclining).

I personally don't like bulkheads - the armrests are locked, and people are always in the bathroom line. Having said that, Row 16 should be safe - as the lavs in front "should" be reserved for folks in BF, and no lines in Y.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Sorry. I'm new here... CPU?
Complimentary upgrades.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:09 am
Suspended

Very True. Last time I was on this flight I flew 1st. Times have gotten tough so I have to gut it out in coach. I have enough miles for award travel but round trip is 11k miles gets me over my MM marker.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Sorry. I'm new here... CPU?
Did you recently status match from another airline? I find it interesting a United 1K doesn't know what a CPU is. Moving from E- to E+ is not an "upgrade" if that's what you're referring to. E+ is available to 1Ks at booking.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Did you recently status match from another airline? I find it interesting a United 1K doesn't know what a CPU is.
Very True. Last time I was on this flight I flew 1st. Times have gotten tough so I have to gut it out in coach. I have enough miles for award travel but round trip is 11k miles gets me over my MM marker.
In fact, almost a UA million miler as well! Maybe CPU is a bit more esoteric versus plain old "upgrade"? Either way, can't get one on that route. I'm a big 16K fan on that route (did it EWR-EZE and back since GPU did not clear in either direction), even though SeatGuru seems to disagree.

Last edited by fjfv19; Aug 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Is there power in E- on the 764s or just E+?

Under "amenities" it says power is available in all rows but the seat map in the Inflight Services>Aircraft section of united.com only shows a dot in E+ rows. OTOH the table says that F, E+ and E- all have power and USB ports.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Did you recently status match from another airline? I find it interesting a United 1K doesn't know what a CPU is. Moving from E- to E+ is not an "upgrade" if that's what you're referring to. E+ is available to 1Ks at booking.
How do you know poster is 1K? ESP or profile update?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by Michael D
How do you know poster is 1K? ESP or profile update?
From post #43:

I'm a 1k and flying on a 767-4 to HNL. I have 2 questions. How good is E+ on these planes? My upgrade ratio has been good so I normally get upgraded. 2nd question do people consider the bulkhead seats the best In coach on this type of metal? I'm 6'4 and hate people reclining into my knees.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
From post #43:
Lazy me. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Well as a Delta flyer who has come over to United in the past 12 months, United has far the most frequencies to the Islands. EWR, DEN, IAH, ORD x 1 and SFO and LAX x 3 or 4 and that is just to HNL. They also serve the other islands from SFO and LAX and I believe DEN more than any other carrier.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:58 pm

For ewr hnl direct, right now have 2am, where are the lavs? Seat guru has them not in front but in back, would prefer to be in first row but only if not right in back of lavs
But on united site there are lavs both in front and back

Last edited by jerseygirl; Aug 11, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
For ewr hnl direct, right now have 2am, where are the lavs? Seat guru has them not in front but in back, would prefer to be in first row but only if not right in back of lavs
But on united site there are lavs both in front and back
The lavatories for BF are located behind the BF cabin, immediately in front of E+. There are no lavatories at the front of the aircraft.

Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No lavs in the front or the back? Not a good config.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:30 am

Thanks, but then the united seat plan is not correct
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Thanks, but then the united seat plan is not correct
What do you mean? I posted the UA seat plan, and it shows the lavs positioned in front of and behind the E+ cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.