Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA and CO Business Call Button response times test

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond

Last November I took 4 flightsin Business between Brazil and USA, two flights with pmCO crew and two flights with pmUA crew.

Routes were flow on this order:
GRU-EWR (pmCO)
IAD – GRU (pmUA)
GRU – ORD (pmUA)
IAH – GRU (pmCO)
I´ve select to push the call button exactly 3, 4 and 6 ours into the flight and had these results.
GRU – EWR – 3 hours – no response (at least 20 minutes waiting)
4 hours – 12 minutes (while walking around from one class to the other)
6 hours – no response(at least 20 minutes waiting)
IAD – GRU 3 hours – 35 seconds
4 hours – 1-2 minutes
6 hours – 10 seconds (she was filling empty glasses)
GRU – ORD 3 hours – 30 seconds
4 hours – 1-2 minutes
6 hours – 4 minutes
IAH – GRU 3 hours – 20 seconds
4 hours – no response
6 hours – no response

Always heard CO was better, but Tilton did a very good job getting the UA soft product up. Not sure what to say, but from what I understand CO crew tend to disapear during flights.

Last edited by mgs 1k; Dec 14, 2012 at 8:47 am Reason: more information
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
pmCO FAs don't need to come and see you when you press the bell, they just report you to the cockpit and make a note on the passenger list that you're cut off.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by mgs 1k
Last November I took 4 flightsin Business between Brazil and USA, two flights with pmCO crew and two flights with pmUA crew.

Routes were flow on this order:
GRU-EWR
IAD – GRU
GRU – ORD
IAH – GRU
I´ve select to push the call button exactly 3, 4 and 6 ours into the flight and had these results.
GRU – EWR – 3 hours – no response (at least 20 minutes waiting)
4 hours – 12 minutes (while walking around from one class to the other)
6 hours – no response(at least 20 minutes waiting)
IAD – GRU 3 hours – 35 seconds
4 hours – 1-2 minutes
6 hours – 10 seconds (she was filling empty glasses)
GRU – ORD 3 hours – 30 seconds
4 hours – 1-2 minutes
6 hours – 4 minutes
IAH – GRU 3 hours – 20 seconds
4 hours – no response
6 hours – no response

Always heard CO was better, but Tilton did a very good job getting the UA soft product up. Not sure what to say, but from what I understand CO crew tend to disapear during flights.
Cool test! But did you say which flight had which crew?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mitchmu
Cool test! But did you say which flight had which crew?
IAH/EWR will be sCO and IAD/ORD will be sUA.

A great data set of 4 samples. If only that could be reliably projected out to the thousands of daily flights.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM
[Always heard CO was better, but Tilton did a very good job getting the UA soft product up. Not sure what to say, but from what I understand CO crew tend to disapear during flights.[/QUOTE]

I did 4 IAD-LAX flights (all CO FA) in the past two weeks and it was true, the FA disappeared behind the curtain not to be seen for quite sometime.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
A great data set of 4 samples. If only that could be reliably projected out to the thousands of daily flights. [/QUOTE]

That is true, but I´m just trying be more scientific about what people say on the forum.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:27 am

That is true, but I´m just trying be more scientific about what people say on the forum.
Providing a data sample of 4 points and then using that to back up your claim of "Always heard CO was better, but Tilton did a very good job getting the UA soft product up. Not sure what to say, but from what I understand CO crew tend to disapear during flights," is not at all scientific. :-:
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
IAH/EWR will be sCO and IAD/ORD will be sUA.

A great data set of 4 samples. If only that could be reliably projected out to the thousands of daily flights.
It reliably matches 100% of my sCO vs sUA experience.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mitchmu
It reliably matches 100% of my sCO vs sUA experience.
Couldn't agree more, I documented my experiences in the meal thread a few weeks back on sCO vs sUA. Of course sUA wins, they know how to treat passengers.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
To be completely fair, I have had both good and bad response times on both sUA and sCO flights the last few months. I will say though that when I have a sCO crew "with attitude", they tend to disappear early in the flight and do not reappear for quite a while. We can only hope that when the crews are mixed that the "best" of both are retained...but I am not holding my breath!!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by 1KPath
To be completely fair, I have had both good and bad response times on both sUA and sCO flights the last few months.
As have I, along with the dozen other airlines I've flown this year. That includes marginal service in EK F and great service on a random LCC in Asia. There are simply far too many people involved to pretend that it is going to be consistent.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:25 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Slightly OT, but what is proper call button etiquette? I never push it, thinking that it's meant for something more important than "I'd like another drink please". Is that wrong? Should I be using the call button? It certainly seems more efficient than trying to make eye contact with the FAs but I don't want to be a PITA.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
I pushed the call button on a sCO flight and got a DL FA responding..please add that to the data set
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:36 pm
Suspended

I've had good, lousy and mediocre flights on both UA and CO. There was a point CO FA service was pretty good - under Bethune - as UA was horrid - generally speaking. Before the merger UA was coming up; CO was going down. It's hit and miss with little to do with pre-merger heritage.

IMO just another troll thread
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
you should fly Alitalia - the only response is the FAs clearing the control panel of all the pressed buttons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.