Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:03 pm

"Please contact the MP service center for assistance" error

Is anyone else getting the 'please contact the MP service center for assistance with your account' error when trying to log on United.com.? Have been on with web support and done all the usual tricks - different browsers, deleted cookies and history, new passwords...to no avail. App access works. Needing to book some complex itineraries but can't get on. Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ackleso
Is anyone else getting the 'please contact the MP service center for assistance with your account' error when trying to log on United.com.? Have been on with web support and done all the usual tricks - different browsers, deleted cookies and history, new passwords...to no avail. App access works. Needing to book some complex itineraries but can't get on. Thanks for any help.
Not me. Trying from ORD and everything seems fine.

That being said.... it is the weekend and... United IT has been known of doing shenanigans / updates on the weekends that break a lot of things
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
My account has been getting this message since Wednesday.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Please contact the MP service center for assistance with your account.

I am getting this also. Strange thing is that I am able to login using the iOS app and mobile version of the site.

I reported this to them last week and still no joy. I urge everyone experiencing this issue to please contact support so they can escalate appropriately.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Is united award search down?
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. BKK-SFO 7/15/2017. Does it work for you guys?
I'm having the same issue. I am looking in December for SFO-BKK-SFO. I can get the options for SFO-BKK but when I click for the return or even try a o/w booking for BKK-SFO I get the red ! mark:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.
We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-888-491-6573; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I'm having the same issue. I am looking in December for SFO-BKK-SFO. I can get the options for SFO-BKK but when I click for the return or even try a o/w booking for BKK-SFO I get the red ! mark:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.
We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-888-491-6573; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.
Might be some late Saturday night IT funkiness. I booked a simple partner award over two hours ago and it still hasn't ticketed.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Might be some late Saturday night IT funkiness. I booked a simple partner award over two hours ago and it still hasn't ticketed.
I thought that but I wanted to say I first checked on Friday in Thailand which would have been Thursday in the US. I'll wait until I get back home in California on Monday afternoon to check again.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:51 am

I can get options for HKT-SFO or CNX-SFO but if I try starting just BKK-SFO still getting the error message.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
UA Website (CO.bomb) Not Fully Operational?

Just wondering if others are noting that the layout as presented on the site seems to be different and also noting that Award Accelerator options not present??

Haven't checked for some days, so maybe this was discussed earlier in another thread??
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: Platinum
Recognition of MP anniversary

Not a problem, but a nice little recognition. I haven't seen this yet, but when looking at my pitiful mileage accrual on mystatus.united.com. I had a congratulatory splash page. "Congratulations on 33 years with MileagePlus " or something to that effect.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by frankmu
Not a problem, but a nice little recognition. I haven't seen this yet, but when looking at my pitiful mileage accrual on mystatus.united.com. I had a congratulatory splash page. "Congratulations on 33 years with MileagePlus " or something to that effect.
I see that when I log into United.com now.
  • Congratulations on 30 Years with Mileage Plus.
  • We'll See You Wednesday for your flight to Tokyo.

and other similar messages.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:22 pm

Are people still having award search troubles?

Still get the error message trying to look up BKK-SFO or SFO-ALL. I can get some idea of what is available by searching CNX/HKT/KBV-SFO but feel the added connection constraint may be mucking up some of what is actually available.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Are people still having award search troubles?

Still get the error message trying to look up BKK-SFO or SFO-ALL. I can get some idea of what is available by searching CNX/HKT/KBV-SFO but feel the added connection constraint may be mucking up some of what is actually available.
I have been searching BKK from multiple hubs lately, though for this summer. I don't receive error messages, but I don't see anything worth booking either.

Just for grins, I tried your search (BKK->SFO) for a random day in December and had results return as well.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I have been searching BKK from multiple hubs lately, though for this summer. I don't receive error messages, but I don't see anything worth booking either.

Just for grins, I tried your search (BKK->SFO) for a random day in December and had results return as well.
Well I was using Chrome. Just tried Safari which had slipped my mind and now I see results. @:-)

And truth be told as I'm shoring up things with my friend I may end up actually doing CNX-SFO (which was always showing results) and not stay in BKK 2x during the trip.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
"Mileage Plus Earnings" on itinerary page do not match up with airfare on receipt, and PQM/PQS/PQD not laid out on receipt at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.