Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 12, 8:59 am   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Between EWR and PHL
Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4
Global Services Invitations for 2013

Just noticed my status changed from 1K to Global Services. Anyone else change over yet? I called and my packet is in the mail. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I hope I'm not duplicating.

My stats for 2012 are:
-$37K full spend, 95K miles
-$54K total spend, 190k total miles

I fly international out of EWR, and split domestic between EWR and PHL.

Good luck, everyone!
Darconville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:19 am   #2
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SEA/NYC. DL DM charter member, UA 1K, NW Plat ('03-'09), Marriott Plat. Always somewhere, never anywhere...
Posts: 6,097
Apparently I'm on the naughty list. No GS for me.

-RM
__________________
2014: UA 80% (31/39); DL 100% (1/1)
2013: UA 85% (56/66); DL 80% (8/10); AS 25% (1/4)
RobOnLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:41 am   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: CO PLAT, now UA GS
Posts: 94
Dangit! I am Plat but should be right on the line for GS based on my spend estimates ($48Kish +/- 2 or 3K), mostly M fare though out of IAH. Only 90K. Will it just show a status change on the United page?
matthopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:47 am   #4
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Premier Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,419
Wow, I'm surprised to see you made the initial qual at a non-competitve hub with that little spend. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthopp View Post
Dangit! I am Plat but should be right on the line for GS based on my spend estimates ($48Kish +/- 2 or 3K), mostly M fare though out of IAH. Only 90K. Will it just show a status change on the United page?
Do M fares qualify as full fare? I thought it was YB only for coach fares.
mduell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:47 am   #5
Used to be 'mitchmu'
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darconville View Post
Just noticed my status changed from 1K to Global Services. Anyone else change over yet? I called and my packet is in the mail. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I hope I'm not duplicating.

My stats for 2012 are:
-$37K full spend, 95K miles
-$54K total spend, 190k total miles

I fly international out of EWR, and split domestic between EWR and PHL.

Good luck, everyone!
That spend sounds low - I'm surprised you made it.
FlyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 9:51 am   #6
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DEN
Programs: UA GS
Posts: 661
Everyone will be GS soon and than there'll be another "secret" tier above it
Plane-is-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 10:12 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1KMM, AA Plat, SPG Plat75/LTG, Hertz PC
Posts: 14,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmu View Post
That spend sounds low - I'm surprised you made it.
They have had massive corporate (i.e. high yield) defections this year so maybe not too surprising...
UA-NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 10:59 am   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IAH
Programs: UA GS
Posts: 5
I'm a bit puzzled by UA at this point. I went back and added everything up last night: a bit over $104,000 total spend on United (no code shares) during 2012. Most of this has been international business and first. My account still shows 1K.
SantosDumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 11:02 am   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Between EWR and PHL
Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4
I was surprised as well. It just appeared on my profile page, and then I called to confirm.

I didn't include them in my full-fare spend, but M fares make up the bulk of my non-full fare travel. Maybe they do count and that's what pushed me over. I asked the GS rep when I called, and she would neither confirm nor deny.

One mitigating factor, and I don't think it would have any effect (but who knows): I already have around $25k of full-fare travel booked during 1Q 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosDumont View Post
I'm a bit puzzled by UA at this point. I went back and added everything up last night: a bit over $104,000 total spend on United (no code shares) during 2012. Most of this has been international business and first. My account still shows 1K.
Wow. That's just bizarre. The GS rep told me they were "rolling it out" over the next few weeks, so it might happen yet.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 22, 12 at 9:01 pm.. Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member.
Darconville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 11:04 am   #10
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Posts: 1,389
~$40k in spend, 168k miles flown. 1K.
__________________
There is no place like FE80::1
Akulashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 11:08 am   #11
Used to be 'mitchmu'
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
They have had massive corporate (i.e. high yield) defections this year so maybe not too surprising...
Seriously. I don't think that would have qualified in the last 2-3 years. I know I spent at least that much in the year when I was kicked out.
FlyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 11:25 am   #12
Moderator: Chicago & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 15,722
I called and that's what I was told.

The rep said that they will be able to tell if you are GS on their system on January 1.
__________________
Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven.
iluv2fly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 12:34 pm   #13
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Premier Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosDumont View Post
I'm a bit puzzled by UA at this point. I went back and added everything up last night: a bit over $104,000 total spend on United (no code shares) during 2012. Most of this has been international business and first. My account still shows 1K.
How much in full fare?
mduell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 12:40 pm   #14
Moderator, United Airlines, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Posts: 25,693
a discussion on who has gotten GS for 2013 has been on going for awhile in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2012-a.html

Status changes for new GS started occurring 2-3 days ago.
WineCountryUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 12, 2:32 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nothern NJ
Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry, AA EXP
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
a discussion on who has gotten GS for 2013 has been on going for awhile in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2012-a.html

Status changes for new GS started occurring 2-3 days ago.
You would think they would provide some transparency for existing GS at the same time they are adding newbie's to the ranks - it suggests they have already done round 1 of the math so know who is clearly in - or maybe think it adds to the mystique....
rwsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:02 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.