Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Credit to wrong FF program -- post-flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K

I thought this was a smart move, I guess not...

I am only a few hundred PQM short of requalifying for Platium for next year.
This past weekend I had a same-day turn-around LGA-ORD-IAD-JFK.
I credited the first two legs LGA-ORD and ORD-IAD to my UA mileage plus account, thinking this would get me way over 75,000 PQM.
In IAD I asked the agent to insert my TK number (thinking this would activate me TK account) for the last and remaining one flight segment.

Low and behold, today I see that all three flights are credited to TK!
My TK number was not even in the reservation when I flew the two first segments.

UA claims that eventhough the two segments were already flown, the FF no. was changed for the entire reservation because all the flights were on the same date.

Is this really true/possible?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DeErEtYn
UA claims that eventhough the two segments were already flown, the FF no. was changed for the entire reservation because all the flights were on the same date.

Is this really true/possible?
Others have reported the same outcome. It is the account at time of posting, not at time of flight (which was the old PMUA approach), so dynamically changing your FF account is no longer possible.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K
Has anyone been able to get UA to credit a few hundred miles as a courtesy In a situation like this?

Or will I now have to buy a $59 o/w ticket, e.g. LGA-IAD, to get the few PQMs I'm now missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.