Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United phone system not auto-recognizing my phone and Mileage Plus number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United phone system not auto-recognizing my phone and Mileage Plus number

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold
Angry United phone system not auto-recognizing my phone and Mileage Plus number

Hi,

Some of us used to be able to call in to UA and then the system would automatically recognize our name and would give us more menu options.

My number doesn't do that anymore, and I have to keep fumbling for my MP number.

Is there a way to fix this? My number is already in the profile, but still no recognition. It will recognize my other number that's a home number.

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Next time you're on the phone with UA ask them to remove your mobile # from the profile and put it back in.

I only have one number on file with UA and it works 100% of the time. An absolutely awesome feature I love and wish DL would use But I also wish UA had customer service like DL.

-RM
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I have more than one number on file, but UA only recognizes calls from my mobile and not my home phone. I believe it may be due to the fact that my home phone number is associated with more than one MP account, whereas my mobile number is only associated with my MP account.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Next time you're on the phone with UA ask them to remove your mobile # from the profile and put it back in.

I only have one number on file with UA and it works 100% of the time. An absolutely awesome feature I love and wish DL would use But I also wish UA had customer service like DL.

-RM
Is this not the same as me logging into my account on dot bomb and them doing it myself?

Originally Posted by Air Houston
I have more than one number on file, but UA only recognizes calls from my mobile and not my home phone. I believe it may be due to the fact that my home phone number is associated with more than one MP account, whereas my mobile number is only associated with my MP account.
This one number isn't associated with any other account.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 6, 2012 at 9:51 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by urbanblacksheep
Hi,

Some of us used to be able to call in to UA and then the system would automatically recognize our name and would give us more menu options.

My number doesn't do that anymore, and I have to keep fumbling for my MP number.

Is there a way to fix this? My number is already in the profile, but still no recognition. It will recognize my other number that's a home number.

Thanks!
It's been broken for me since 3/3 when they threw away UA's impressive IVR system and replaced it with some cheap CO crap.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:11 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Air Houston
That's exactly the reason. Under PMUA MP, I had my cell number as part of my profile, goalie-mom's profile, goalie-dad's profile and for goalie-sis's profile and everything worked perfectly but since 3/3 under COdbaUA and .sux, the same phone number listed across multiple account profiles will not be recognized
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:28 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by mitchmu
It's been broken for me since 3/3 when they threw away UA's impressive IVR system and replaced it with some cheap CO crap.
Ditto. Multiple calls to UA IT have been unable to get it fixed for me.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Ditto. Multiple calls to UA IT have been unable to get it fixed for me.
Check your Notifications Page. Seems that the settings there have someting to do with it. I have noticed when I make changes there there it has an impact.. Safe Travels
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
Of course since March 3rd I have not heard anything close to "Am I speaking with jsl42 or someone calling on behalf of jsl42?" when I call United, so this thread piqued my interest. Called the Premier line and had them remove and put back in my number. No dice.

So then I deleted my phone number from the web site and then called the MP number, and lo and behold it asked me if I was my dad. Knock me over with a feather, UA IT. So I guess my phone number was listed in my dad's profile. So I went into his account and deleted it.

Added my number back in my own profile, called MP desk back, and wasn't recognized as anyone.

I'd love not to have to enter my MP number and zip every time I call. Any ideas of next steps? What are the specific settings in the notifications that would enable this?

thanks
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I'm still regularly getting --
"Looked up the number you are calling from ..." (new since 3/3) and for my cell it reports my account and for the home phone, the wife's.

Again as others have reported, any duplicate use of a number with an UA accounts disables the feature.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:15 pm

I have only my mobile number entered into my profile from a few years back and my number/account is now recognized when I call in.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Does anyone know how to enter alphanumeric MP#s with keypad? I cannot make any combination work for the GF alpha at the front of my number.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA GS
just key in the number that corresponds to each letter on the phone. ie UA123456 would be 82123456.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by ChicagoUnited
Does anyone know how to enter alphanumeric MP#s with keypad? I cannot make any combination work for the GF alpha at the front of my number.
mine asks me to verbally enter it.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ChicagoUnited
Standard telephone keypad format.
ABC=2
DEF=3
don't use # to terminate (confuses the system)
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
mine asks me to verbally enter it.
you can do either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.