Airport Lounge Access in Istanbul

Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Or she can guest one of them in, come out a few minutes later and guest the other person in. But I doubt she'd be that daring or want to go through that level of bother.
There are gates to enter the TK lounge and they link your boarding pass to their system so I don't think it's that easy to game.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Or she can guest one of them in, come out a few minutes later and guest the other person in. But I doubt she'd be that daring or want to go through that level of bother.
LH scans BPs of you and guest - there is no way to bring in a 2nd guest.

Was no problem in Spanair lounge in MAD, but LH, good luck - they told me to pick a favourite parent to guest in!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
As stated, United Club gets access to all *A member-owned lounges if traveling on a *A flight from that airport in any class (the flight could be on a different *A carrier). The difference with *G is that *G also get access to third-party contract lounges (usually at smaller, non-hub stations) used by the *A carrier they are flying.

The *A lounge policy explains the policies more clearly:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Charles
In theory yes - in practice maybe. I was denied entrance to the Air China lounge in CAN with a valid United Club card with the *A Lounge logo and a same day onward *A ticket. The lounge dragon kept repeating must be *G so the understanding of the policy and the training at the lounge level is lacking.

SunLover
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by alex_b
There are gates to enter the TK lounge and they link your boarding pass to their system so I don't think it's that easy to game.
I was only being half-serious, didn't really think it was that simple!

Anyway, just as a followup---

TK stuck to the rules, no leeway. They were flying Antalya (AYT)-IST-LHR. At AYT TK would only allow her to bring in 1 guest, not both her friend and daughter. (She took her friend's daughter in to hang out for a while).

At IST, same thing, so they just opted to stay together in the main terminal. (Though I wish she'd gone in for a short while just to take a look around and report back!)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ErikStratton
I'm not sure about the "best in the world", but in my book, the Turkish Air Lounge in Istanbul ranks right up there with Hong Kong.

In addition to great food and drink, Istanbul has a massage station (note the massuse working it next to the piano!

I've been there three times and have never seen the massage station... I sat right next to that piano too...

But everyone is right, it is a fantastic lounge.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by alexperi
I've been there three times and have never seen the massage station... I sat right next to that piano too...

But everyone is right, it is a fantastic lounge.
The wander round, I've seen them in the area by the showers/bedrooms/bathrooms (turning left past the snooker table).
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:02 pm

My husband and I were able to get roundtrip flights from EWR to JNB (South Africa) on United for only 80,000 miles each so they are coach. The flights have long layovers on the way
EWR-LHR-JNB spending 10 hours in LHR (EWR-LHR is United and LHR to JNB is South Africa Air)
on the way home
JNB-IST-EWR spending 10 hours in Istanbul (JNB to IST is Turkish Air and IST-EWR is United)
My question is this we received 4 United Club passes for donating a TOYS For Tot toy at the mall. Can we use these passes to get in the clubroom in LHR and IST? It would be great if we could use the passes to get in the Clubs for 10 hours. Thanks for any help
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by RosemaryNJ
My husband and I were able to get roundtrip flights from EWR to JNB (South Africa) on United for only 80,000 miles each so they are coach. The flights have long layovers on the way
EWR-LHR-JNB spending 10 hours in LHR (EWR-LHR is United and LHR to JNB is South Africa Air)
on the way home
JNB-IST-EWR spending 10 hours in Istanbul (JNB to IST is Turkish Air and IST-EWR is United)
My question is this we received 4 United Club passes for donating a TOYS For Tot toy at the mall. Can we use these passes to get in the clubroom in LHR and IST? It would be great if we could use the passes to get in the Clubs for 10 hours. Thanks for any help
I strongly doubt it as they are UA Club passes. With 10hr layovers you can easily head out and see both London and Istanbul instead, which will be much more fun. I'm presuming that neither of you are Star Gold?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by alex_b
I strongly doubt it as they are UA Club passes. With 10hr layovers you can easily head out and see both London and Istanbul instead, which will be much more fun. I'm presuming that neither of you are Star Gold?
No we are not Star Gold. I am disappointed as I was hoping to use the Club Pass in IST and LHR. Not sure how much we can see in 10hours or how far airport is from city. Plus we will be carrying all our hand luggage.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:46 am

Access to IST United Lounge

We just have those 2 United Cards that you get for having the United credit card. Will this let us in the lounge? We are going to have a 8 hour layover at IST so it would be great to use the lounge.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RosemaryNJ
We just have those 2 United Cards that you get for having the United credit card. Will this let us in the lounge? We are going to have a 8 hour layover at IST so it would be great to use the lounge.
Nope. Those are only valid at UA-operated lounges.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope. Those are only valid at UA-operated lounges.
Bummer!
Old May 24, 2013, 3:49 am
axl

Stop by the cockpit and say hi if you are flying Istanbul to Newark today!
Old May 24, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SunLover
In theory yes - in practice maybe. I was denied entrance to the Air China lounge in CAN with a valid United Club card with the *A Lounge logo and a same day onward *A ticket. The lounge dragon kept repeating must be *G so the understanding of the policy and the training at the lounge level is lacking.

SunLover
Actually, the lounge Dragon was correct. The wording of the policy is misleading because the names of the lounges are misleading. *G gets access to any *G lounge and most contract lounges (on that I think we all agree). But.....UClub only gets access to *A lounges. NOT *G lounges. Currently there are very few actual *A lounges (LAX/CDG/LHR/NGO) I may be missing a few. This is what was "intended" for the rules to mean but the confusion comes from lack of consistency, training, etc. some *G lounges will admit Uclub, some *A business lounges will admit (like LH/LX/OS) but "technically" those Dragons should not admit Uclub. They only were intended to get admittance to *A branded lounges as mentioned above)
Old May 24, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Actually, the lounge Dragon was correct. The wording of the policy is misleading because the names of the lounges are misleading. *G gets access to any *G lounge and most contract lounges (on that I think we all agree). But.....UClub only gets access to *A lounges. NOT *G lounges. Currently there are very few actual *A lounges (LAX/CDG/LHR/NGO) I may be missing a few. This is what was "intended" for the rules to mean but the confusion comes from lack of consistency, training, etc. some *G lounges will admit Uclub, some *A business lounges will admit (like LH/LX/OS) but "technically" those Dragons should not admit Uclub. They only were intended to get admittance to *A branded lounges as mentioned above)
That is absolutely incorrect. From staralliance.com:
Paid Lounge Membership Customers: Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.