Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket booked in Feb now has 2 eticket #'s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

I have no idea what is going on with this.

I booked a LAX - ORD - PTY - MVD o/w award ticket Feb 2012. Bad choice, I know.

Sometime around August, I had to call in because the last leg, PTY-MVD, was not showing up. Copa was having issues booking it even though it was available AND had been confirmed with eticket # and seat selection in Feb.

In Sept I log in to make sure everything is fine, same error, another couple of hours wasted. This went on for 3 weeks until earlier this month, when they decided to book me in L PTY-MVD since who knows what was going on.

Yesterday I got 3 emails from united ... the first two confirmed the same flight, same seat, same eticket # with the $5 fee and 30k miles

The last email, however, shows the following:

eTicket Number

Both are under my name and FF#

FARE INFORMATION
Fare Breakdown
Airfare: 0.00 USD
September 11th Security Fee: 5.00
Per Person Total: 5.00
USD
eTicket Total: 10.00
USD
MileagePlus Account Debited:
XXXXXX
Form of Payment:
MileagePlus Miles Debited/
Award Used:
30000/WC48
The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 0.00 USD
The taxes, fees, and surcharges paid total: 10.00 USD

There is a double listing of all flights ... logging in shows nothing, and obviously I can't call in because of Sandy ... should I worry?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:44 pm Reason: Deleted specific MP # to protect member.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Nope. You aren't flying for 4 months - why are you worried? Call when the Sandy mess is taken care of by Friday of next week when the phone lines should return to normal.

As for "why"? No one can answer that for sure so you're going to have to call UA again and have it sorted out.

-RM
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Nope. You aren't flying for 4 months - why are you worried? Call when the Sandy mess is taken care of by Friday of next week when the phone lines should return to normal.

As for "why"? No one can answer that for sure so you're going to have to call UA again and have it sorted out.

-RM
I am worried because this is my flight out to my destination wedding .... and I've had nothing but problems since I booked it in Feb

def going to wait to call .. it's just odd that I am now double booked on the same flights
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I have no idea what is going on with this.

MileagePlus Account Debited:
<snip>
Form of Payment:
MileagePlus Miles Debited/
Award Used:
30000/WC48
OP, I don't know if that's your real UA MP # (I snipped it). But if it is, you might want to edit your post and remove it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregas
OP, I don't know if that's your real UA MP # (I snipped it). But if it is, you might want to edit your post and remove it.
whoopsie! didn't even notice it there!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Did you at any point make a change in the reservation? I've noticed that if you do anything that causes a reissue, they will often hang onto the full history of eticket numbers. I just completed a trip where I made a lot of changes as better routings opened up, and I had something like 11 eticket numbers. (Of course, only the most recent one matched the itinerary on which I held space.)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Didn't the software merge on 3/3 create duplicate etickets for some? I seem to recall a thread about that very issue soon after 3/3.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDProf
Did you at any point make a change in the reservation? I've noticed that if you do anything that causes a reissue, they will often hang onto the full history of eticket numbers. I just completed a trip where I made a lot of changes as better routings opened up, and I had something like 11 eticket numbers. (Of course, only the most recent one matched the itinerary on which I held space.)
No .. The itinerary I created in Feb has not changed

They have had issues with the PTY-MVD for some reason and almost cancelled the whole ticket before going to L fare instead of XN

The double ticket thing happened over the weekend, like 8 months later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.