Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Wrong all CO 752s have nose to tail AVOD, Flatbed Seats in BusinessFirst, E+. The UA 752s are the miserable ones at this point. No Flatbed seats, No AVOD, Worn tired interiors.
YMMV - you can bring your own entertainment on board, but you can't bring your own comfort
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by star_world
About 2/3 of them have E+ now.
That's good to know, thank you.

Do you know if these planes also received new seats when E+ was installed, or was it simply a case of removing rows

Wrong all CO 752s have nose to tail AVOD, Flatbed Seats in BusinessFirst, E+. The UA 752s are the miserable ones at this point. No Flatbed seats, No AVOD, Worn tired interiors.
It is indisputable that the PMUA 752's are quite shopworn, but I do find the Y seats on the PMUA 752's more comfortable than the ones on PMCO's 752's, even if the seat pitch is equivalent in E+ and E-.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
That's good to know, thank you.

Do you know if these planes also received new seats when E+ was installed, or was it simply a case of removing rows
Just removing rows from what I heard, although I haven't been on a converted one yet myself to confirm. Agreed that these seats are pretty bad.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Actually the 752 has arguably the worse incaration of the BF seat - it's not much wider than 763 IPTE (excuse me if you meant BF 2-class 763), especially since both have collapsible armrests, making this trivial at best. The 752 seat, however, is very short, almost painfully so. Coupled with the tiny footwells, it's a compromised design for 6'+. For the record, the 764/763 CO BF seats also have this design problem, and after riding in IPTE J for probably 30 times this year alone, and being 6'2", it's a fairly large issue - 3-class IPTE 763 has the best premium product of the entire combined fleet in my experience - F is fantastic, especially 1/2K (total and absolute issolation), and J is wonderful - I like flying backwards and the width/length is perfect. Moreover, there's a certain level of sophistication this cabin has over the short, 'off the shelf' BF seat - It just looks nicer. I always rejoice when I can fly this aircraft.
Certainly entitled to your opinion. But the market disagrees with you completely.

Why are you so seized of the domestic product on the 752? They are great aircraft - roomy, and far, far, FAR, more comfortable in Y than the boulders the CO side is saddled in trying to defend (not to mention the F seats are from this century).
Roomy? The 757 has the same fuselage as the 707, 727, and 737. It's the same cabin in all aspects except for layout.

Secondly, I'll take 16 lie flat beds over 24 crammed highly marginal domestic first seats any day. I especially love the headrest which is required to be as uncomfortable as possible across your shoulder blades during take off and landing.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm Reason: personal
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wpr8e
Secondly, I'll take 16 lie flat beds over 24 crammed highly marginal domestic first seats any day.
That comparison makes about as much sense as comparing the CO Amistad (753) to the great PMUA 3-class PS birds
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:07 pm

Actually the 752 has arguably the worse incaration of the BF seat - it's not much wider than 763 IPTE (excuse me if you meant BF 2-class 763), especially since both have collapsible armrests, making this trivial at best. The 752 seat, however, is very short, almost painfully so. Coupled with the tiny footwells, it's a compromised design for 6'+. For the record, the 764/763 CO BF seats also have this design problem, and after riding in IPTE J for probably 30 times this year alone, and being 6'2", it's a fairly large issue - 3-class IPTE 763 has the best premium product of the entire combined fleet in my experience - F is fantastic, especially 1/2K (total and absolute issolation), and J is wonderful - I like flying backwards and the width/length is perfect. Moreover, there's a certain level of sophistication this cabin has over the short, 'off the shelf' BF seat - It just looks nicer. I always rejoice when I can fly this aircraft.

This was completely unnecessary, not to mention dishonest. I know you love to get in a 'nose to tail' booster, but the truth is United used their large 752 fleet as their domestic & Hawaii workhorses. International was 100% 3-class 763/744/777. CO used 752s for about half of their intl. route network - I'd sure hope their onboard prpduct is better than a domestic variant of the aircraft! Why are you so seized of the domestic product on the 752? They are great aircraft - roomy, and far, far, FAR, more comfortable in Y than the boulders the CO side is saddled in trying to defend (not to mention the F seats are from this century). I'll gladly take ch. 9, room, powerul takeoff, free audio/video, over the staid, uncomfortable, checkerboard eyesores, DIM, dreary, $$ for audio 737 - those are frankly IMO the shame of the fleet. Hell, even the SMELL of the 752s is better - I can sniffing out the difference. Truth is UA's 752s have always been, and still are, superior to the graveyard equipment that AA/DL have long offered (anybody remember AMR's 2006 'surprise' grounding?), not to mention your '735s'.
Unecessary and dishonest? How? Every PMUA 757 I've been on has been worn and tired looking, not mention some of the PS seats being held together with duct tape. How about you get off your high horse and quit acting like PMUA was so much better when in reality in really wasnt.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That comparison makes about as much sense as comparing the CO Amistad (753) to the great PMUA 3-class PS birds

Exactly. The sad part is someone is actually trying to say that the domestic aircraft is better than the INT'L. No way a plane that looks like it should belong in the 80s can compare to a brand spanking new INT'L aircraft
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Exactly. The sad part is someone is actually trying to say that the domestic aircraft is better than the INT'L. No way a plane that looks like it should belong in the 80s can compare to a brand spanking new INT'L aircraft
Comfort-wise, it's absolutely fair to say the UA 752 >>> CO 752 (in Y) - most would agree with that statement.

Of course the CO 752 has more bells and whistles, as it should - PMCO flew that up to 4,000 miles, and expected to get int'l C pricing for it. PMUA used theirs only domestically.

The CO 752 is outfitted well - they just took short-cuts on the comfort.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Roomy? The 757 has the same fuselage as the 707, 727, and 737. It's the same cabin in all aspects except for layout.
The 757 appears roomier, because it actually is. The cabin floor of a 757 is about 2" lower than the 737's (not sure about vs. the 707 or 727) giving it a more spacious look along with the extra space, obviously.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:50 pm

Certainly entitled to your opinion. But the market disagrees with you completely.
Whatever the hell that means. BF was brought to the ghetto birds because the seat had already been designed/certified for the 764. Ditto for p.s. 752. This "market disagreeing" is canned nonsense - those IPTE J seats outnumber the legacy CO almost 2:1.

Excuse me, the 752 is roomier. This is an objective statement. Give me a break...

Secondly, I'll take 16 lie flat beds over 24 crammed highly marginal domestic first seats any day. I especially love the headrest which is required to be as uncomfortable as possible across your shoulder blades during take off and landing.
You completely missed the original point - why would anybody in their right mind expect parity between an INTERNATIONALLY confgured 757 and an DOMESTICALLY configured variant? This makes absolutely no sense, except for some employees/apologists who want to throw hometeam softballs.

As far as that headrest talking point - this only seemed to have become a problem when some were desperately looking to excuse "their" seat's lack of said feature, not when said seat was used for 100+ widebosy aircraft for intl. J for 10 years. Just nonsense.

Unecessary and dishonest? How? Every PMUA 757 I've been on has been worn and tired looking, not mention some of the PS seats being held together with duct tape. How about you get off your high horse and quit acting like PMUA was so much better when in reality in really wasnt.
This is your problem: Anybody who has the nerve to speak out or is percieved to be doing so, in most any way, is automatically labled an enemy of state. I assure you, I wasn't pulling for any percieved superority of legacy UA (which was a disaster in many respects). But these tactics were never a part of legacy United, where candid feedback, moaning, and yes, acting over entitled, was almost a right of passage.

Back to the point, you expecting parity between two different 757s, used fo completely different purposes, is questionable. You want to go off about the p.s. aircraft and complaining about sidewalls and flower wallpaper in the bathroom...yes I know the talking points - well here's the deal...I'm on at least 2 UA 757s a week - they are perfectly acceptable aircraft, especially to anyone who' s had the displeasure of enduring the true ghetto equipment DL/AA have long offered. Tilton made some mind boggling cleaning moves in 2006, and it showed But that was 6 years ago, and the situation clearly isn't the same now. Yes, there's the occasional taped PSU or panel, but I'd suggest taking more than a couple of flights on this equipment before making the broad statements you are.

Was my 737 statement purposely hyperbolic? yes. And is it superior to the equipment you'd get on DL/AA? absolutely, yes. These are good aircraft, the sky interiors are quite nice, DirectTV is great for longer routes, but they aren't as ground sweeping as they're sold as - there are very real & apparent tradeoffs, whether it's seat comfort or cabin lighting or seat width...

Last edited by tuolumne; Oct 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm Reason: response to deleted quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Just flew the CO 752 from EWR-ORD this afternoon. Very comfortable seat and not all claustrophobic. Decent lunch as well, though I missed the soup.

BUT, the AVOD did not work! It was rebooted three time and simply did not function in 1E. Purser commented that it did not work for half the plane...

752 still looks tried, despite the new seats--the overhead bins and PSUs are very dated looked (compared to say the new 737s and 787s). It just looked out of place with such nice lie-flat seats.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Just flew the CO 752 from EWR-ORD this afternoon. Very comfortable seat and not all claustrophobic. Decent lunch as well, though I missed the soup.

BUT, the AVOD did not work! It was rebooted three time and simply did not function in 1E. Purser commented that it did not work for half the plane...

752 still looks tried, despite the new seats--the overhead bins and PSUs are very dated looked (compared to say the new 737s and 787s). It just looked out of place with such nice lie-flat seats.
Was there storage space for laptop bag or does everything have to go in the overhead? Did you notice if there was storage space in the non-bulkhead rows?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Reminder - thread is about the International 757.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Was there storage space for laptop bag or does everything have to go in the overhead? Did you notice if there was storage space in the non-bulkhead rows?
There is storage space for a laptop bag. I fly these on aircraft very regularly in BF, sometimes in row 1, sometimes not, and I've always had space in front of me for my laptop bag.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by star_world
There is storage space for a laptop bag. I fly these on aircraft very regularly in BF, sometimes in row 1, sometimes not, and I've always had space in front of me for my laptop bag.
Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.