FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Mile Up Promotion - when is it a good deal? (25% more bonus United award miles) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1394932-mile-up-promotion-when-good-deal-25-more-bonus-united-award-miles.html)

username Oct 6, 2012 6:48 pm

Mile Up Promotion - when is it a good deal? (25% more bonus United award miles)

Got the Mile Up promotion e-mail. It seems it is targeted and different accounts have different percentages (one family member got 25% and I got 50%). Basically you get more miles from certain partner transactions.

Before we get too excited, airline partners, hotel point-to-mile transfer, credit card, Fidelity (and many others) are excluded.

What would be the easiest way to maximize it? I am sure some FTers are out there calculating already... :D

Thanks.

Offer Terms and conditions:

1. Eligibility: This offer is valid only for original recipients of this offer and is non-transferable. Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members residing in the 50 United States.

2. Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete qualifying transactions to earn miles with a qualified MileagePlus partner. Registration must be completed prior to any qualifying transaction. Register anytime between now and November 15, 2012. The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. (CST) on November 15, 2012.

3. Transaction Qualifications:
a. Partner transactions must be completed between now and 11:59 p.m. (CST) on December 31, 2012 and post by February 28, 2013 into member's account in order to qualify for this offer. Retroactive claims will qualify only if posted on or prior to February 28, 2013. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical failures or delays that would result in partner posting being ineligible for this promotion.
b. Some partners require membership in their program in order to earn MileagePlus award miles. Partners may also require members to opt to earn MileagePlus miles over other loyalty currencies. Miles earned from transactions with the following MileagePlus partners do not qualify for the Mile Up promotion - airline partners, United Vacations, United Cruises and Fidelity. The additional 5000 mile acquisition bonus awarded after six months, by Gexa, in conjunction with their UATENK bonus do not qualify for the Mile Up promotion. Miles accrued for using a MileagePlus credit card do not count towards the MileUp bonus and award miles. All hotel points-to-miles transfers, including any associated hotel points-to-miles transfer bonuses are also excluded from this promotion. In addition, miles from Hyatt one-time Thank-You bonuses are excluded. For a complete list of MileagePlus partners, visit mileageplus.com. MileagePlus partners are independent entities, and United® is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners.
c. Only qualifying miles credited to a member's account will count toward the bonus mile offer. Any debits to a member's account as a result of retail transactions that have been returned will negate previously credited miles.

4. Posting of Mile Up Bonus Miles:
a. Transactions must be credited to the MileagePlus account number of the registered member in order to qualify.
b. Each member is allowed to earn a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles from the Mile Up promotion. c. Bonus miles may take up to 6-8 weeks after a qualifying partner transaction to post to a member's account.
d. Registered MileagePlus members must comply with all terms and conditions of this promotion to earn bonus award miles - no partial credit will be awarded.

5. This offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus offers. This is a MileagePlus sponsored promotion and not sponsored by other Partners.

6. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to www.united.com.

There is no #7.

8. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

mherdeg Oct 6, 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 19450289)
There is no #7.

I am not a number - I am a free man!

(The Leo McKern intro really is great, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalndXdxriI )

dsquared37 Oct 6, 2012 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 19450289)

There is no #7.

It's too easy to go to the well on this.

7 ?????????
8 Profit

travelinfoo Oct 8, 2012 11:37 am

new 25% bonus on all partner affiliates?

I just got an email for a new bonus for 25% extra miles for hotels, shopping portal, car rental partners with a link to register. I can't find any mention of it on the United promotion or in my acct's promotions. I also don't see it mentioned anywhere on United FT forum.

As I have been getting lots and lots of spam and phishing emails, I'm trying to determine if this is legitate vs another phishing email.

NYC1K Oct 9, 2012 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo (Post 19458252)
I just got an email for a new bonus for 25% extra miles for hotels, shopping portal, car rental partners with a link to register. I can't find any mention of it on the United promotion or in my acct's promotions. I also don't see it mentioned anywhere on United FT forum.

As I have been getting lots and lots of spam and phishing emails, I'm trying to determine if this is legitate vs another phishing email.

YMMV

am1108 Oct 9, 2012 12:50 pm

Can you show us a screenshot?? Im assuming it fake, unless its a limited time offer for certain people. There are promos running around for certain members but not others like the EQM promo.

FromPVG Oct 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Mile Up for 25% more bonus award miles with MileagePlus (Targeted)

Get more everyday when you Mile Up.
It's easy to earn more miles every day. Register for Mile Up between now and November 15th and start earning 25% more bonus award miles every time you shop, dine, rent a car or stay in a hotel with MileagePlus partners until December 31st, 2012.

Offer Terms and conditions:
1. Eligibility: This offer is valid only for original recipients of this offer and is non-transferable. Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members residing in the 50 United States. 2. Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete qualifying transactions to earn miles with a qualified MileagePlus partner. Registration must be completed prior to any qualifying transaction. Register anytime between now and November 15, 2012. The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. (CST) on November 15, 2012.
3. Transaction Qualifications:
a. Partner transactions must be completed between now and 11:59 p.m. (CST) on December 31, 2012 and post by February 28, 2013 into member's account in order to qualify for this offer. Retroactive claims will qualify only if posted on or prior to February 28, 2013. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical failures or delays that would result in partner posting being ineligible for this promotion.
b. Some partners require membership in their program in order to earn MileagePlus award miles. Partners may also require members to opt to earn MileagePlus miles over other loyalty currencies. Miles earned from transactions with the following MileagePlus partners do not qualify for the Mile Up promotion - airline partners, United Vacations, United Cruises and Fidelity. The additional 5000 mile acquisition bonus awarded after six months, by Gexa, in conjunction with their UATENK bonus do not qualify for the Mile Up promotion. Miles accrued for using a MileagePlus credit card do not count towards the MileUp bonus and award miles. All hotel points-to-miles transfers, including any associated hotel points-to-miles transfer bonuses are also excluded from this promotion. In addition, miles from Hyatt one-time Thank-You bonuses are excluded. For a complete list of MileagePlus partners, visit mileageplus.com. MileagePlus partners are independent entities, and United® is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners.
c. Only qualifying miles credited to a member's account will count toward the bonus mile offer. Any debits to a member's account as a result of retail transactions that have been returned will negate previously credited miles.
4. Posting of Mile Up Bonus Miles:
a. Transactions must be credited to the MileagePlus account number of the registered member in order to qualify.
b. Each member is allowed to earn a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles from the Mile Up promotion.
c. Bonus miles may take up to 6-8 weeks after a qualifying partner transaction to post to a member's account.
d. Registered MileagePlus members must comply with all terms and conditions of this promotion to earn bonus award miles - no partial credit will be awarded.
5. This offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus offers. This is a MileagePlus sponsored promotion and not sponsored by other Partners.
6. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to www.united.com.
7. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Cargojon Oct 13, 2012 6:12 pm

I got it and registered...I'm an FO who flies enough to have good activity but always just miss status.

Nice because I have a few hotel stays and rental cars coming up for the rest of the year. Stinks because I just ordered a bunch of stuff over the weekend via the shopping portal...ugh.

FromPVG Oct 13, 2012 6:12 pm

My first reaction was to do Marriott Travel Packages, but it looks like that point to mile conversion is excluded from this promotion as I highlighted above.

There is a Register Now link in the email I received, and it seems my MP number was built in the link. When I clicked on the link, it directly shows my name on the next page and tells me that I am registered.

Cargojon Oct 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by FromPVG (Post 19490888)
My first reaction was to do Marriott Travel Packages, but it looks like that point to mile conversion is excluded from this promotion as I highlighted above.

There is a Register Now link in the email I received, and it seems my MP number was built in the link. When I clicked on the link, it directly shows my name on the next page and tells me that I am registered.

Same here - I had to do nothing but click on the link.

Delta3MM Oct 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Other, lower members, are getting an offer for 50% bonus.

Billy

Cargojon Oct 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Delta3MM (Post 19490914)

Billy

:mad: I have no status; but I do use the partner miles frequently, especially the shopping.

freeflyin Oct 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Delta3MM (Post 19490914)

Billy

It may not be based on status,as I got the 50% offer,as did 2 GMs in my household. My 1K wife has not yet received the offer at all.

Zhaunk Oct 13, 2012 7:54 pm

25 for me, 50 for the wife...

username Oct 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Looks like another thread just got started at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-targeted.html