Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH to SGN, mini Asia tour if possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
out of SIN or ICN.. which would be your choice of layover?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by tdrag97
out of SIN or ICN.. which would be your choice of layover?
SIN - Since you can really tour the entire Singapore in 1 single day.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
It depends on what you want and when you are going.

Singapore is probably a little easier to get around to the main places, is warm year-round, and has really good food choices. English is an official language too, so you don't have to worry about language.

Seoul has more interesting things to see (IMO), but getting around to them will probably take a bit more time. Also, if you don't know Korean, it is a little bit tougher than Singapore, although it isn't impossible by any means for an English-speaker to get by. I've been to Seoul before and after learning Korean and had a great time both times. But it can get really cold in the winter.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

would like to get the most of what I can in a day.... travel time would be in late Feb-Mar 2013., and never been to either places...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:51 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
SIN has multiple left luggage facilities both street and airside. I've used one at ICN in the departure floor back left corner as well.

You wanted the Gilligan's Island 3 hour tour? I've heard bad things about that one.

See above, there's also one on departures level.
SIN definitely has left luggage services-the facilities I used in T2 were 24 hours, and in the arrivals hall.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

either seats are not release yet... or just booked.. but having a hard time finding a good miles saver route from SGN - IAH. SGN-SIN easy, SGN-ICN easy, SIN-IAH not so much without much delay and some still have to go thru ICN.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:28 am
Suspended

Its very easy to travel any place nowadays. There is lot of travel companies who is providing facilities to travel any of the place in the world in a organized way. So you can contact for a best tour plan. And asia is really beautiful place for traveling you will find many of culture and different prole with different living style.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

we wanted to go to SIN.. but with the time of flight available.. ICN became our only option.

Now that we are going out of ICN some good amount of time.. in 8pm and out 6pm next day

Just can't decide as to which hotel to say for sightseeing Hilton M or IC Coex/grand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.