Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers
Upgrade Question

I have not used miles for upgrades since there were United offices, so bear with me.

I noticed when I looked at making a reservation from JFK to SFO on a three class aircraft it seemed to give me the ability to request an upgrade and to pay the $75.00 fee.Will they also allow me to pick the business seats? Is the upgrade guaranteed after I pay the fee or is it subject to availability closer to the flight?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by oskidunker
I have not used miles for upgrades since there were United offices, so bear with me.

I noticed when I looked at making a reservation from JFK to SFO on a three class aircraft it seemed to give me the ability to request an upgrade and to pay the $75.00 fee.Will they also allow me to pick the business seats? Is the upgrade guaranteed after I pay the fee or is it subject to availability closer to the flight?

Thanks
When you were looking at the 'upgrade reservation' page -- did is say there there was 'R' availability? If so, then afaik, it should be confirmed after you process the mileage upgrade!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oskidunker
... Is the upgrade guaranteed after I pay the fee or is it subject to availability closer to the flight? ....
No it is not guarantee. If it does not happen (you are waitlisted and do not clear) then your miles and copay will be returned.

As you do the upgrade request process, it will tell you if upgrade space exist now or if you will be waitlisted for potential future upgrade space.
If you are flexible on day/time of travel, there are ways to search for flights with upgrade space at booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.