Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 23, 12, 10:02 am   #1

ORD Terminal 2 Check-In

I have a United Express flight leaving from ORD terminal 2. As I usually leave from ORD terminal 1, does anyone know if I can check-in at terminal 2 or should I still check-in at terminal 1 and walk over?
milemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 12, 10:11 am   #2

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, HH Silver, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
I don't believe UA has any counter space in Terminal 2, so if you need to check a bag, Terminal 1 is the answer.
la2jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 12, 12:53 pm   #3

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by la2jax View Post
I don't believe UA has any counter space in Terminal 2, so if you need to check a bag, Terminal 1 is the answer.
This is correct, UA check in is all at T1. If you're elite, use the Permier Access line next to premier access check in, turn left and follow the signs for T2. Elite or not, you can use security all the way at the left end of the terminal (if facing check in desks), then turn left towards T2 after clearing (T1 is right). I haven't originated in ORD for a while, so maybe things have changed, however, I've found this security point is always way less busy then the main security checkpoint, and even sometimes less crowded then the main elite security line sometimes.
emcampbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:04 pm   #4

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Starwood Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Prez, AVIS First, Amtrak Select+
Arrived at T2 today and saw signs directing to T1 for United check-in.
EnvoyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 12, 3:52 pm   #5

Programs: 1K
There are check-in kiosks in the T2 lobby, so if you don't need an agent you can bypass the lines and crowds and skip T1. UA premium passengers (and Pre-Check UA fliers) are accommodated at the T2 security checkpoint.
jsl42 is offline   Reply With Quote