Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

points taken out not match the cost on the reciept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres

I booked a trip to Asia via Europe in F for 2 people. SHould of been 135000 per person on saver, which was taken out. The reciept though states 640000 miles, should I be worried there going to take out more even with my mileage less than 10k total now?

wierd, my other mileage awards show correct amount.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I wouldn't worry. The receipt (as well as the place on the itin page that shows price) is always funky, IME.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
If it's ticketed you have nothing to worry about..they won't deduct more later.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:32 pm

If you're concerned call and ask!

If it were me I wouldn't leave anything to chance, and I don't like surprises, later on!!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
I booked a trip to Asia via Europe in F for 2 people. SHould of been 135000 per person on saver, which was taken out. The reciept though states 640000 miles, should I be worried there going to take out more even with my mileage less than 10k total now?

wierd, my other mileage awards show correct amount.
I am curious, how did you come up with the total of 135,000 per person for F on saver to Asia via Europe? Is it one way or round trip? Assuming you are on *A flights which would make it the saver rate. I can't find in the charts a way to do a Asia via Europe award. It is either Asia or Europe or around the world. TIA
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
I am curious, how did you come up with the total of 135,000 per person for F on saver to Asia via Europe? Is it one way or round trip? Assuming you are on *A flights which would make it the saver rate. I can't find in the charts a way to do a Asia via Europe award. It is either Asia or Europe or around the world. TIA
Pretty sure Asia via Europe is just considered a valid routing, so you're charged just the Asia rate. Of course, I believe you have to return via Europe also to avoid making it a RTW (or book as two one-ways).
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murphyUA
Pretty sure Asia via Europe is just considered a valid routing, so you're charged just the Asia rate. Of course, I believe you have to return via Europe also to avoid making it a RTW (or book as two one-ways).
Then it still doesn't make sense as USA-Asia in F is either 120K or 140K miles saver round trip depending on 2 class or 3 class plane. I see nothing for 135K per person. Things just are not adding up.

Now if you do USA-Europe it is 120K or 140K also then add a Europe to Asia it is 130K to 160K and add them together for 2 people you get 500K to 600K so neither of their numbers add up to what the charts say.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:42 pm

Then it still doesn't make sense as USA-Asia in F is either 120K or 140K miles saver round trip depending on 2 class or 3 class plane. I see nothing for 135K per person. Things just are not adding up.

Now if you do USA-Europe it is 120K or 140K also then add a Europe to Asia it is 130K to 160K and add them together for 2 people you get 500K to 600K so neither of their numbers add up to what the charts say.
USA-Japan is 135K in F.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murphyUA
USA-Japan is 135K in F.
Thanks, was just looking at general Asia as don't remember seeing Japan in OP.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:58 pm

Thanks, was just looking at general Asia as don't remember seeing Japan in OP.
It also seems like the standard award is 320K each, which would be 640K for both. I think we've made sense of something that makes no sense
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
It is confirmed and ticketed, I have 2 tickets on LX F and don't want to lose those so I don't want to call.

USA-Japan through Europe is now a valid routing since the merger.

I just don't know where they got 640k from, and I never had that much in my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.