Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17, 12, 12:33 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 643
LH L-class to BRU-DME: Will I earn miles?

Hi,

Very simple question. :-)
According to this page it sure seems I will not earn any miles.

Or is there a chance that Moscow will not be seen as a European Destination?

Brgrds,
Kris
kcaluwae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 12:52 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Programs: UA Premier Plat, PC Gold, Marriot Gold
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaluwae View Post
Hi,

Very simple question. :-)
According to this page it sure seems I will not earn any miles.

Or is there a chance that Moscow will not be seen as a European Destination?

Brgrds,
Kris
Unlikely...
fivesixseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 12:56 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Posts: 10,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivesixseven View Post
Unlikely...
Well, not so fast.

That flight is operated by Brussels Airlines.

It doesn't matter what codeshare fare class Lufthansa has - it matters
what Brussels Airlines' fare class is. If it is L, though, it is still zero.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=343
__________________
2014 CPUs: 18/31 Missed: EWR-SEA, PHL-IAH, SEA-EWR, PDX-SFO, SFO-PHL (x2), PHL-SFO (x2), SAN-EWR, IAD-SMF, PSP-IAH, EWR-MSY, MSY-EWR
aacharya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 1:59 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
Well, not so fast.

That flight is operated by Brussels Airlines.

It doesn't matter what codeshare fare class Lufthansa has - it matters
what Brussels Airlines' fare class is. If it is L, though, it is still zero.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=343
Indeed, it's operated by SN. Found a similar rate on SN site and it shows booking class E. So I suppose if I want to earn miles it will be in the M&M program. (but for me their value is close to zero as well. )

I guess I was spoiled flying United & AA where you receive miles for each and every trip you make.
kcaluwae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 2:03 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Posts: 10,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaluwae View Post
Indeed, it's operated by SN. Found a similar rate on SN site and it shows booking class E. So I suppose if I want to earn miles it will be in the M&M program. (but for me their value is close to zero as well. )

I guess I was spoiled flying United & AA where you receive miles for each and every trip you make.
Yep. Welcome to the economics of intra-Europe travel on legacy EU airlines.
__________________
2014 CPUs: 18/31 Missed: EWR-SEA, PHL-IAH, SEA-EWR, PDX-SFO, SFO-PHL (x2), PHL-SFO (x2), SAN-EWR, IAD-SMF, PSP-IAH, EWR-MSY, MSY-EWR
aacharya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 12, 3:09 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 643
As I couldn't earn miles on this flight I decided I could as well burn some miles on them so I booked the flight with United miles.
Glad my next flights will take me cross-Atlantic again.
kcaluwae is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:35 am.