Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?

Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
Feb 2023: Many reports that Expert Mode checkbox is being disabled automatically / randomly (in some cases, repeatedly), and users have to opt back in on the website to re-enable Expert Mode.

Note on 18 Oct 2018 the fare class for upgrades changed from R to PZ
Changes to UA's Fare Classes (19-20 October 2018)

Updated instructions (2022)
Originally Posted by Micp3208
... Try this:
My United > Settings > Special Preferences & Accomodations > Scroll down past search preferences and click Enable expert mode.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that well be re-launching Expert Mode as an opt-in feature later this afternoon. This feature will display all fare classes when shopping for flights on united.com. You can opt-in to this feature by logging into your MileagePlus account and following these steps:
  1. Go to united.com > My Account
  2. Select Manage Profile
  3. In the Preferences section, select View All Flight Search Preferences
  4. In the Expert Mode section, read and acknowledge the customer advisements
  5. Click Save at the bottom of the page

As always, thanks for your feedback and patience over the last couple weeks while we worked to make these changes.

Shannon

Archive thread: Expert Mode: better upgrade visibility and opt-in to see fare bucket data {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?

Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by quizzi
Even though I enabled expert mode (and disabled and enabled it again I am not seeing the booking classes and their availability. Where can I get help?
if you're in the app, you must sign out and in. If you're on the website, generally a refresh/new search would have expert mode reflected immediately IF you are hard-logged in. Otherwise, you need to sign in again.
SPN Lifer and surram like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA*G
Expert Mode is currently not showing PN/PZ for me, only revenue and award fare classes. This applies both on the website and the United app. Is it just me or is there something going on?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RoomChaser
Expert Mode is currently not showing PN/PZ for me, only revenue and award fare classes. This applies both on the website and the United app. Is it just me or is there something going on?
Can you see PN/PZ when searching for a nonstop flight? I do not see it when searching for connection flights right now.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:27 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I noticed this to. Only 1 segment searches is showing PZ and PN. I have to do multiple searches for each leg.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dshafiee
I noticed this to. Only 1 segment searches is showing PZ and PN. I have to do multiple searches for each leg.
Since the PN/PZ values have only been correct on multi-segment searches for about one year out of the last ten, its really just forcing you to do what you should have been doing anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Can you see PN/PZ when searching for a nonstop flight? I do not see it when searching for connection flights right now.
Ah, you are right. Guess I just have to do the extra step now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.