Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Seat assignment does not match - Upgraded, but seats change back to coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignment does not match - Upgraded, but seats change back to coach

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by eegulleye
This must be a glitch. I've been seeing this with multiple person multiple segment tix issued last week. Called, the agent moved the passengers back to F, a few minutes later they slipped out again. Savvy agent then checked the seat manifests. Those showed the correct seats she assigned. She said the system seat manifests are the final word, told me the website info is not correct.
RPU applied. All segments cleared.

Itinerary shows R class.

Some seats in F, some in Y, floating back and forth. Both on web and on mobile site.

Passenger receipt shows K class, not R. But F seats are displayed on ALL segments on the upper right side of the receipt.

So the seat manifest must be F? It has the final word? What's going on?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by kb1992
RPU applied. All segments cleared.

Itinerary shows R class.

Some seats in F, some in Y, floating back and forth. Both on web and on mobile site.

Passenger receipt shows K class, not R. But F seats are displayed on ALL segments on the upper right side of the receipt.

So the seat manifest must be F? It has the final word? What's going on?
For the "final word", best to call and have the agent check the manifest.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Same issue but I found iPhone app correctly showed the upgrade seat in F while website showed the original (pre-upgrade) Y seat.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Appears it is for sure a computer system glitch. Agent I spoke to on the phone said she had lots of the same types of calls, but as of now, no way to judge how widespread this issue is.

Have an M -> PN fare on flights Wednesday this week, and I assigned seats in F, but seat-map online says still in economy when I logged in.

I am hoping others travelers prove to be the test cases, and actually get the seat in F and prove the glitch is only on the web before I fly Wednesday.

This glitch will really upset folks if it translates to the flight and boarding so I hope it gets corrected soon. Guess I have to follow this thread to see the real world airport experience of what happens at check in / boarding etc.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Give it a day or two to sort itself out and have the seat map reflect the correct class. This has happened to me twice in the last week (coincidentally with Ks, RPUs and then Rs?). Trust the records when they show the correct seat assignment. Don't trust the seat map. I know this is contrary to conventional wisdom, but this time it seems to be the right thing to do.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Phil Level
+1 on your advice...

But this is a huge step back from the pre-merger UA website... not to mention as tech continues to improve and I now get an email within seconds of almost every charge on my Chase MP Visa card, the notion of "wait a few days" seems pre-2000 to me.

I'm still scratching my head why it takes a few days for mileage actually flown to post. Most of my flight pre-merger used to take 24 hours or less to post.

p.s. I have my Chase Alerts set to send me those emails
Set your expectations at 1987 and everything will make a lot more sense.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Same problem here: RPU R upgraded T fare, F seat assignment will not stick. Sometimes its my wife's seat, sometimes its mine but which ever one reverts it always goes back to 8E. One of us always goes back to economy. New emailed itinerary shows correct seats so I'll not worry for a few days.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
I'm seeing this on several upcoming itineraries where my UG has cleared but my original Y seat is being shown. I called today just to make sure everything was okay. The agent sound very annoyed that I called about it. He said he's been getting calls about it all day....
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
One more to add to the list. K fare, CPU about three days out, into R. Seat keeps juggling between Y and F. <shrug>
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Add me to the list of people affected by this. Despite using 2 RPU's, with confirmable space, it shows my mother in Y, me in F, though both of our fares are coded as "R." Called, and was told we're both in F seated next to one another. Hope this glitch gets fixed soon as it's quite frustrating.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I've seen this as well; R fare code shown, but somehow displaying my original E+ seat assignments. Interestingly, I was able to "select" the Biz class seats that I had previously selected, even though those particular seats were not displayed as being available.

I don't think I will bother calling about this, but I will monitor it online, for the time being.

Pretty screwed up, but I'm not surprised.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Exactly the same here:

USA-Asia roundtrip upgraded to "R" using miles +co-pay...either myself or my companion keep getting bumped back to E+ from Biz although the original Biz seat stays blocked and I can keep re-selecting it. Obviously a glitch but with the current state of UA's IT department I don't trust anything anymore.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
A third call to 1K! This is in regards to paid biz upgrade for 2 px but the computer shows 1 in biz, 1 in economy+. At least this time the agent sent me an email confirming the 2 biz seats. I asked about synchronizing the flight record (suggest by a FT) but that didn't change anything.

And yes, they are saying that this has come up a number of times, but as of yet, no FIXES for this glitch.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K (2.7 million miler)
Seat Map glitch online

I purchased a flight last night which was eligible for instant upgrade, so I picked 1B. That's what I see on the ticket receipt.

I went in this morning to look at other open seats and found I had been moved to 10C (E+). So I called and the agent assured me I was still in 1B - mentioned there is a glitch with online seat maps today.

Any one else run into this?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DiscountBusinessFlyer
I purchased a flight last night which was eligible for instant upgrade, so I picked 1B. That's what I see on the ticket receipt.

I went in this morning to look at other open seats and found I had been moved to 10C (E+). So I called and the agent assured me I was still in 1B - mentioned there is a glitch with online seat maps today.

Any one else run into this?
Maybe a side effect from this morning's website glitch?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...corrected.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.