Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Premium Wines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
United Club Premium Wines

I couldn't find another thread like this. What premium wines have you had at United Clubs lately?

I had a glass of 2009 Stags Leap Artemis and 2008 Jordan Cab at the IAD last week. Both were good but I preferred the Jordan.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TimF1975
I couldn't find another thread like this. What premium wines have you had at United Clubs lately?

I had a glass of 2009 Stags Leap Artemis and 2008 Jordan Cab at the IAD last week. Both were good but I preferred the Jordan.
I've liked both the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc and the Rombauer Chardonnay (too oaky for many, I know).

I don't tend to drink the reds or any brown liquor before flying - I prefer white wine and vodka drinks. I do think that with the $3 discount, the deals were pretty good, as it was almost two glasses worth of wine, and I can't drink the awful whites they pour for free.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aacharya
I've liked both the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc and the Rombauer Chardonnay (too oaky for many, I know).
^^ to the Rombauer, and to the premium selection in general. An additional ^ to those who pour generously.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:54 am
Original Poster

I don't tend to drink the reds or any brown liquor before flying - I prefer white wine and vodka drinks. I do think that with the $3 discount, the deals were pretty good, as it was almost two glasses worth of wine, and I can't drink the awful whites they pour for free.
I will try the Rombauer tonight. I do think at $9 it is a good deal -- or at least as good a deal you'll ever find in an airport. It's better wine and cheaper than what you find at Vino Volo. Just wish I could order some food with it...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold, GM of every other program out there
What is the $3 discount to which you refer? I frequently buy the premium wine (either Cakebread or Conundrum when they have it). But, have never heard of a $3 discount. THank you.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Runnin' Gal
What is the $3 discount to which you refer? I frequently buy the premium wine (either Cakebread or Conundrum when they have it). But, have never heard of a $3 discount. THank you.
$3 off if you use a Chase/United credit card to pay for it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Pimm's Cup

I see the Pimm's Cup is offered at the Clubs now as a premium beverage ...has anyone had it?

It'd be nice if they could serve it in a Pimp Cup (favorite Archer line.)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I see the Pimm's Cup is offered at the Clubs now as a premium beverage ...has anyone had it?

It'd be nice if they could serve it in a Pimp Cup (favorite Archer line.)
I asked one of the bartenders about it and they had no idea so I looked it up. From what I could gather, it's a gin/juice mix and popular in England. Never tried it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steve M
$3 off if you use a Chase/United credit card to pay for it.
Slight correction. Needs to be the UC or PP card.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by TimF1975

I'm impressed, those are actually decent wines (better than the swill they served on my last F flight SFO-HKG and WAY better than anything I've seen on domestic flights. When I read the title I was ready to make some comment suggesting that "premium" is about as valid with UA these days as "premier" is.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: United Gold
I seem to recall getting a $5 discount on a $12 glass of the Pinot Noir they serve at the United Club in LAX T7.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boghopper
I'm impressed, those are actually decent wines (better than the swill they served on my last F flight SFO-HKG and WAY better than anything I've seen on domestic flights. When I read the title I was ready to make some comment suggesting that "premium" is about as valid with UA these days as "premier" is.
The stemware is also very good IMHO. I don't think it's Riedel but it's pretty close and the bowls are very big. I like that they pour the wine into a carafe so you don't have to have it all in the glass at once.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slight correction. Needs to be the UC or PP card.
i presume a UC is some form of a united card. is that the united card from chase? what is a PP card? will they offer the $3 off if one requests that fine virginia cab?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by slawecki
i presume a UC is some form of a united card. is that the united card from chase? what is a PP card?
PP=Presidential Plus Card. UC=United Club Card. Both are MC offered by Chase, with annual fees that include club membership.

I'm sitting at the club at LGA now. And I'm a big fan of the Artemis....even bigger fan of the discount with my PP card. ^
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by slawecki
i presume a UC is some form of a united card. is that the united card from chase? what is a PP card? will they offer the $3 off if one requests that fine virginia cab?
United Club Card

Presidential Plus Card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.