Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Premium Wines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2M
Really miss the Far Niente chardonnay and Veuve Cliquot. Nowadays it's either the Rombauer chard or Jordan cab.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:24 pm

I ain't payin' for no "Top Shelf" crap!
NO siree Bob!
Thank you very much, but I can wait for the real good stuff when I get airborne!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Awesome thread idea! I've actually had some pretty decent wines from the premium UC selections, and hope to chime in soon. The swill they serve for free serve's it's purpose, but the premium selections offer a nice opportunity to sample something that might be pretty nice every now and then...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TurtleFlyer
Really miss the Far Niente chardonnay and Veuve Cliquot. Nowadays it's either the Rombauer chard or Jordan cab.
I still see Veuve.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I've had Stag's Leap Artemis and Chateau Montelena Cabs and Etude Carneros Pinot. All excellent. It's a darn shame these wines can't make their way to Int'l F at the least.

I also had a "tasting" at IAH CO club early on in the merger, 3 wines for about $12 (IIRC), which I thought that was an excellent idea. I don't see this on offer any more.

Originally Posted by TimF1975
I like that they pour the wine into a carafe so you don't have to have it all in the glass at once.
Whenever I've had the premium wines, they always first poured into the carafe and then emptied the carafe into the glass. I thought they were just using the carafe as a measuring guide.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:44 pm

United Club Premium Wines

Didn't realize the discount is still around. Thought that went away earlier this year.

The tasting was a great deal while it lasted - shame that went away.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MileCards
Didn't realize the discount is still around. Thought that went away earlier this year.

The tasting was a great deal while it lasted - shame that went away.
They certainly did not give me a discount in LAS last weekend using the Chase UA Club Card. I cannot find on the website where they tout this as being a perk any longer.

I'm fond of the Chateau Montelena Cab.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by TimF1975
I couldn't find another thread like this. What premium wines have you had at United Clubs lately?

I had a glass of 2009 Stags Leap Artemis and 2008 Jordan Cab at the IAD last week. Both were good but I preferred the Jordan.
Question - going IAD to FCO next week in R...

Never been to the Club at IAD, how is it?

We basically want a few drinks and snacks before take off.. Get there a few hours early to relax
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
So you have to pay to drink in the club nowadays? Astounding. You pay $300 or more for a membership, and you have to pay for booze?

Forget it, Smisek. I am not going to pay money, just for the right to pay money for booze. I will just go to the bar in the waiting area - where I don't have to pay a membership fee.

Ridiculous.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Sake

I also enjoy the Sake offered in LA ...wish it was standard premium system-wide.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Toddie00
... Never been to the Club at IAD, how is it?...
Well, how to put it -- there are multiple UCs at IAD, none of which would rank amoung the top ten of UCs.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-room-iad.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...3-rcc-iad.html

An alternative is LH lounge in Terminal B -- most would rank it far above any of the UCs @ IAD
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-gold-iad.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LEONIDES
So you have to pay to drink in the club nowadays? Astounding. You pay $300 or more for a membership, and you have to pay for booze?

Forget it, Smisek. I am not going to pay money, just for the right to pay money for booze. I will just go to the bar in the waiting area - where I don't have to pay a membership fee.

Ridiculous.
You can still drink for free if you want. Does every thread have to turn into a bashing thread?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Toddie00
Question - going IAD to FCO next week in R...

Never been to the Club at IAD, how is it?

We basically want a few drinks and snacks before take off.. Get there a few hours early to relax
When we flew to EZE a few years ago, we had a long layover in IAD, so we killed time in the club down by the lower C gates. The bartender that night was making killer Manhattans. Woowee!! And since some in our group don't drink, a few of us scarfed up their drink chits (back in the day) to make sure none went unused.

We were flying high before we got on the plane.

Ridiculous.
The cheap stuff is free. But if you want the good stuff, you gotta pay.

The choice is yours.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum

Ridiculous.
No, you don't have to page to drink. As someone else alluded to, booze is still free at the UA lounges. In addition to the free beer, wine, and liquor that the pmCO clubs have always offered, they also now have premium wines that are available for purchase. No need to get all wound up about this.

In fact, the free booze at the clubs come from pmCO and Smisek. Didn't the pmUA lounges used to charge for all alcohol? Not only is your anger unfounded, the actual situation is completely the opposite of what you're implying.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:22 am
Suspended

No...nothing is free, every glass is at least $1 tip. You can't pour the wine yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.