Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does Premier benefits apply to everyone on same reservation?

Does Premier benefits apply to everyone on same reservation?

Old May 2, 2012, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Smile Does Premier benefits apply to everyone on same reservation?

Hi everyone,

I just recently got upgraded to Premier Silver. I did do a search through the forum and the United website but still not clear on the answer.

1. Does Premier Access (Priority Boarding, Priority security line, etc) apply to EVERYONE on the same reservation? If I have 8 people on my reservation that are not premier, do they get the same benefit as me? Or they have to go to separate lines?

2. Free Baggage - It mentioned on the website that everyone on reservation gets 1 free bag? So all 8 of my companion each get 1 free bag?

Please help. Thank you in advance!
Old May 2, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by blizz123
Hi everyone,

I just recently got upgraded to Premier Silver. I did do a search through the forum and the United website but still not clear on the answer.
It's found here:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx

You didn't ask this, but you may bring only one person up to E+ with you.

1. Does Premier Access (Priority Boarding, Priority security line, etc) apply to EVERYONE on the same reservation? If I have 8 people on my reservation that are not premier, do they get the same benefit as me? Or they have to go to separate lines?
I don't find many airports that allow silvers to use the priority security line. Companions can get in the silver priority check in line with you. They should be able to board with you, but some GAs seem to make up their own rules.

2. Free Baggage - It mentioned on the website that everyone on reservation gets 1 free bag? So all 8 of my companion each get 1 free bag?
Yes, as long as you have 10 or less people on your reservation.

Customers traveling with MileagePlus Premier members or dependents traveling with active U.S. military personnel are also exempt as long as they are traveling in the same reservation. This exemption will not apply to group reservations including 10 or more customers.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by blizz123
Hi everyone,

Please help. Thank you in advance!
Welcome to FT! It depends on the benefit. Priority boarding and security line (if available to silvers at your departure airport) will be for everyone on your reservation, and everyone will get 1 free checked bag.

For Economy Plus, only you plus one companion will be able to sit in E+..you may not be able to get your E+ seat assignment until getting to the airport..not sure how this will function with a record that has more than 2 people on it.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you to both 6rugrats and SEA1K4EVR for the prompt and clear response. I really appreciate the help!
Old May 3, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Also, you didn't say if this applies to you, but each person on the reservation can also check a car seat or stroller without charge, in addition to the 1 free piece of checked luggage. A car seat or stroller will not count toward the free baggage allowance.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 pm

Does anyone have experience with the case where a 1K travels with a GM on two separate PNRs? Do Premier Benefits extend to the GM? I just called UA and they said that if the 1K is traveling with the GM then the GM can sit in E+ even if they are on separate PNRs. Wondering if anyone has experience to confirm this in reality?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Does anyone have experience with the case where a 1K travels with a GM on two separate PNRs? Do Premier Benefits extend to the GM? I just called UA and they said that if the 1K is traveling with the GM then the GM can sit in E+ even if they are on separate PNRs. Wondering if anyone has experience to confirm this in reality?
It is true - regardless of the "change" you like or not.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garykung
It is true - regardless of the "change" you like or not.
To clarify though:

The 1K has to call in to add the GM to E+. And the GM will not get any other benefits (except being added to the CPU list at airport check-in) like free bags or Premier boarding. (Then again, the GM can walk up along with the 1K, if the 1K isn't upgraded to F).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
To clarify though:

The 1K has to call in to add the GM to E+. And the GM will not get any other benefits (except being added to the CPU list at airport check-in) like free bags or Premier boarding. (Then again, the GM can walk up along with the 1K, if the 1K isn't upgraded to F).
Thanks! That's what they told me on the phone. I found it hard to believe because this is actually a policy that is NOT hostile to the PAX. Something to like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.