Copa/United - Merging separate bookings?

Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Copa/United - Merging separate bookings?

Has anyone here ever booked two separate itins same day and had United/Copa merge the bookings to ticket your baggage through all the way to your destination to avoid checking in a 2nd time?

I've done it with United/Air Canada before

Just wanted to know how feasible it may or may not be with a South America Copa shorthaul flight + United main flight
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Interlining (checking through to your final destination) your bags should be no problem. Merging you separate tickets is not possible.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Copa and PMCO were very very close in operations so the new United and Copa, especially since they're now in Star Alliance, should have no problem doing this. I flew Copa once and it linked perfectly.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Interlining!
Learned a new term today

Thanks fellas!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.