UA sends a fill-in-the-blank apology letter

Subscribe
I opened this today and laughed out loud:

This was the only thing in the envelope. I will really enjoy my (SPECIFIC ITEM).

EDIT: Thanks FlyinHawaiian!
Please post this on Facebook or Twitter. United earned some public humiliation about this one.
Very nice. I bet the (SPECIFIC ITEM) is really awesome
That just made my day.
The misspelling atop everything else

GOLD
Quote: Please post this on Facebook or Twitter. United earned some public humiliation about this one.
Yes. Please do.
This made my day!
Posted to facebook and twitter, and cc:ed thepointsguy. :P. Sorry United, I'm sure this was meant as a nice gesture but the absolute hilarity of how poorly executed it was makes it worth sharing.

(FWIW my original complaint was that I had set up a fairly complicated award itinerary and the agent said we'll hold it for 3 days at 5 pm. Made another change with another agent, and they didn't say anything about when it would be held until. Looked it up online and it said "held until midnight on day X". 5 pm comes, reservation is still there but all segments are deleted." Panicky, I asked the agent what I should do - their answer was "I'm not sure - start over, I suppose" - when I asked if they could help, they told me that I'd be charged a phone booking fee. Went back online, re-booked, and spent over an hour with a representative with a very poor grasp of their routing rules telling me stuff wasn't available when it was, etc. Did finally get it resolved, but was frustrated that it happened in the first place and how long it took to fix)

Anyways, I hope they try again (I did also email them back). The anticipation of what SPECIFIC ITEM is has been killing me!
Filling in the blanks should be our next forum game.
Quote: Filling in the blanks should be our next forum game.
As a tangible gesture of our concern, enclosed is A LIVE SNAKE
Quote: I opened this today and laughed out loud:

This was the only thing in the envelope.
i find it rather amazing you got a response on paper to a complaint. i can't even get a form email response, much less a form letter.
Enclosed is complimentary oxygen.
Be happy you received a response. What month was your complaint sent in?
Quote: Be happy you received a response. What month was your complaint sent in?
Actually, they replied pretty quick. First complaint sent 8/24. They sent a reply 8/27 "apologizing for the delayed response" which was strange because I didn't consider it delayed. I do note that the letter, which I received today (probably arrived 9/8) is dated 8/27. Did it take 12 days for the letter to arrive? I'll check the postmark date when I get home.
I laughed so hard my stomach muscles hurt.

United is simply clueless. Every correspondence I've had with AA has been personalized and professional.