Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa 25% EQM Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Copa 25% EQM Bonus

Havent seen much chatter this year about it so just wanna remind everyone that they extended the 25% bonus to end of year so if you have a choice between United & Copa for your itinerary to go south, you may wanna consider Copa if the prices are similar

http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/m...icionales.aspx
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1.6 MM
Any idea who to contact if you didn't get the bonus? Mileage Plus or COPA?

I flew LAX-GRU-LAX in June on a C ticket purchased through the web site. I got credit for the outbound and the 25% right away. I had to fill out the form on the MP web site to get the mileage for the return trip and it did get credited but did not (yet) get the 25% bonus.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

June!?
Something is off with Copa

I flew 2 segments in 1 day but was only credited for one.
At least I got my Premier bonus and EQM bonus, but kinda odd that they missed the other flight same day

I believe all Mileageplus concerns are now routed through United MP

Everything MP on the Copa site points back to United.com

I'd suggest maybe calling Copa's hotline during non-peak hours and get them to forward you to someone in the MP department

When I missed a MP-booked flight they gave me a 800 number to call MP to rebook and I was sent immediately to a bi-lingual agent who I think may have been in Panama or somewhere else south, wait time was minimal so thinking it might be a quicker way in, and that they may have quicker connects to get your issue resolved

Just speculating though
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1.6 MM
Thanks for the reply!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler.
My 25% bonus just posted last week for 8 segments I flew back in April and May. The regular miles posted a few days after the flights.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Can anyone confirm that if one books on the Copa site, to get the extra 25% PQM, then it is or isn't possible for UA to then apply a confirmable RPU/GPU to the reservation? I'm assuming that CM uses the same awful SHARES site and, as such, a UA agent can look at the PNR (reservation) and then modify/reticket a CM-originated booking using the UA UPG instruments?

I'm actually assuming this can't work, but thinking wishfully.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
I fly regularly with Copa, and so far my 25% bonus EQM have been posted anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks after my flights (base mileage plus Premier status bonus miles have been posted at the same time, generally within a week).

Copa does not seem to deal with any MP issues -- everything is referred back to UA. Even when booking award tickets with Copa, I have to do it thru the UA website -- Copa's site is not set up to reserve award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.