Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Multiple partners on award ticket with same PNR?

Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

Well, figure I need to now burn my UA miles stat as, due to yesterday's asinine decision (and assuming no changes), next year will be my final year with complete flexibility WRT my UA miles (for cancelling/changing/refunding). So I have an NYC-NBO trip with flights on QR (just in time), SN, and OS.

What's weird is that I called each airline to get their PNRs (and make sure I was confirmed on their end, as we know how UA loves to drop partner segments), and QR and OS had the same PNR number! I haven't seen this before - has this happened to anyone previously? I always thought any airline on a multi-carrier ticket had their own unique PNR. Everything seems right though, have seats on all carriers, none saw any issues.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:21 am

If the carrier uses the same GDS as another carrier the PNR will likely be the same. This is true for LH/OS/SA as they use Amadeus.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
If the carrier uses the same GDS as another carrier the PNR will likely be the same. This is true for LH/OS/SA as they use Amadeus.
Thanks - same PNR is for OS/QR so guessing same GDS. SN must be different as that's not showing up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.