Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Row3Acer
they can only change itineraries for existing reservations.
The old CO club in LAX T6 doesn't even want to do that....

I've been told to go outside to the CS counter during IRROPS!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For a couple years now: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ticketing.html.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Basically the UC is a joke. You get better everything sitting at an airport bar and using your cell phone to call United. My company re-emburses either a CC or airline lounge membership (up to $500), I would rather get just $100 instead of the covering my club card, but thats not an option.

Then again, I get mostly good service on the phone as a GS.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by sbm12
No.

Ironic, given that the T6 club is legacy CO so they are theoretically adept at SHARES.
It is strange, mostly long term employees and it's not like they are that busy.

Originally Posted by FLYDCA
I guess I brought up an old topic I was unaware of. In all my million plus BIS miles flying UA I don't ever recall it being this hard to spend more money with them. Had I been able to handle this online or by phone I would have. I have decided to Fly AA instead for this I was trying to buy from UA. It will cost me more but I'm not willing to put up with more poor customer service from a vendor.
I had this happen at ORD. I went to pay for a reservation our travel coordinator set up and the ORD UC agent said that that job was a reservations responsibility, not hers. The other two agents, neither assisting anyone at the time, visibly blanched when they heard her say this.

Originally Posted by jackal
Next time, ask them if you can pay for a held itinerary there. Or alternatively, ask if they can look up an itinerary. When they pull it up, then ask, "Can I pay for this?" It's all in how you ask--if you successfully communicate to the agent that he/she isn't going to have to build a ticket from scratch, they are much more likely to be willing to make an exception to the policy (and it is an official policy--your post was merged into the existing thread discussing this).

It could be worse--you could be in the Alaska Airlines Board Room, where the concierges are management employees and not unionized ticket agents and so are prohibited from assisting you with any ticketing transactions at all...you have to go outside of the club to the [never staffed] customer service counter or all the way outside of security for any IRROPS assistance.

Not in my experience. Every club with one desk has been able to assist me with anything I've needed. In the very small clubs with one desk and one agent working the desk, I always feel slightly guilty when I have a complicated issue and I end up holding up a line of people forming behind me trying to check into the club, but the agents have always been willing and able to assist.
Not in my experience either but I think it depends on the location. I was recently reticketed in LAS where there is just the one desk with two agents. One checked credentials and did the running back and forth with documents and questions (we were all asked to take a seat) and the other agent did the ticketing. It was not fast but the service was good.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: AADULtArer
I've never had trouble getting help at any UC. Of course, I would not ask a single agent at a small club with my 20 person tour group booking through TIM-BUK-TUU and if s/he can help me get seats assignments on SQ
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
IME, both IAD (all three), LAX T7, and ORD C UCs have been great at rebooking during ire/ops. Even EWR helped once. The only place I have been turned away is at DCA.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I have never had a problem. Most recently LAX, SFO, ORD and always at DFW (the best agents ever). Even EWR.
Maybe its one of those cases of "how" you're asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.