Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
They all have it. I konw all the RCC still have regular hard cardstock. PC have the NCR thermal paper. But some work better than others. There are two lounges that your are going to queue, first to get in, then for assistance. LAX T7 and EWR C3. They usually have 2-3 and no quick answers for anyone. Most people in LAX are full-fare international. Though C3 has both dom and int'l help desks.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
What does one need Ticket Stock paper for? I haven't had a paper ticket for years. Can't they do the rebook, reissue the e-ticket, and provide boarding passess (on BP stock)?

I can see, from a controls perspective, why UA wouldn't want ticket stock sitting arounds since it is somewhat like a blank check.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:37 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
EWR and IAH have always had 2nd desks.
IIRC, two of the three PMCO clubs at EWR have only one desk.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by hobo13
I can name several clubs that don't have this second desk.

1. LAX T7 (former CO)
2. ORD E/F gates
Also SEA, which would seem to be potentially relevant here.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
I can name several clubs that don't have this second desk.

1. LAX T7 (former CO)
2. ORD E/F gates
Former CO club @ LAX is in T6 NOT T7!
UC in T7 is pmUA and has always had 2 desks.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
If the reports by channa and AD are correct, this is a serious concern. I know in May, I was able to get rebooked by the agent in the United Club in AUS during IROPS and I've always viewed the availability of agents who can help with rebooking as a major value of club membership.
Exactly. One of the major attributes of Club membership was being taken care of during IROPS. If that is no longer the case, I won't be renewing my Club membership next year.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kenn0223
What does one need Ticket Stock paper for? I haven't had a paper ticket for years. Can't they do the rebook, reissue the e-ticket, and provide boarding passess (on BP stock)?

I can see, from a controls perspective, why UA wouldn't want ticket stock sitting arounds since it is somewhat like a blank check.
When UA pushed my ticket to AA last time, they printed the ticket on paper stock as a backup.

Also, if there's an actual ticket issuance (say, using voucher), the auditor's coupon and receipt need to be printed on the ticket stock, IIRC.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Exactly. One of the major attributes of Club membership was being taken care of during IROPS. If that is no longer the case, I won't be renewing my Club membership next year.
Best bet! Next time you're in a UC ask them what's going on with this service.
Next best bet! Ask several UC agents and then go with the over which should be around 13 ( Yes, we do re-bookings ) and around 8 for the under ( Nope we must send you to to front counter).

All bets are off if there is a klatch of 3 or more of them roosting when you ask the question, as the one with the loudest cluck will determine the rule of the day for the entire flock.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I was also at the SEA lounge yesterday. The announcement made it sound like they could not help the people out because there was only two of them behind the desk (the flight looked almost full, ~45 premium passengers). But, I think that they at least should have helped those that came and asked for rebooking assistance.

Delta747
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Former CO club @ LAX is in T6 NOT T7!
UC in T7 is pmUA and has always had 2 desks.
Oh crap. Not enough sleep last night.

I've only been in the T6 club once, and it was not a good experience. Heck, I didn't even know it existed -- wish I still didn't!

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Seems like AD was implying you couldn't be re-booked at a hub. I was providing my opposite experience
Look, nobody is saying that you can NEVER get rebooked at a hub or in a club, or in a hub club. We are merely saying that we have sometimes been told that.

Pointing out anecdotal counter-arguments does not disprove the thesis.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
if this is new...bye bye bye UC!
its the only real reason I book it
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:25 pm

If the folks working at the "second desk" at United Clubs don't provide "travel assistance" as that term is reasonably defined, then their jobs should be at the top of the list to go in the next round of cost-cutting.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ralfp
This has been my experience as well.

From memory:

LGA (both)
ORD B18
EWR A20s (not sure about former RCC)
EWR C90s
ORD IFL
JFK (not really sure)

Most of them have additional agents at the check-in desk, especially during serious IRROPs.
EWR C90 club has a second desk (to the left) that is staffed at peak times. And the main desk has 3 or 4 staff positions. Regardless of whether or not there's a second desk, I've never had trouble getting help with rebooking in a former CO P-Club. So this is either a new or (more likely) made up policy.

Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
EWR and IAH have always had 2nd desks.
As does CLE.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Sounds like there are 2 activities here:

Rebooking - UC agents should be able to do this, typically at the secondary desk beyond the check-in desk. Some outstations, such as JFK (and now SEA) claims that they cannot do this - that's just an agent who's too busy clipping his/her nails in the meantime.

New ticket purchase - Based on AD's observation, this can no longer be completed behind security.
I have never had the angels at JFK not re-book me, even though there is no 2nd desk. They always gladly do it and just tell me to make myself comfortable and then page me when it's done.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I was re-booked at the UC in Seattle a few weeks ago when a flight on my itin was canceled.
Since there are claims of differences between PMCO UCs and PMUA UCs, it's worth noting there are two UCs in SEA, the former RCC in N satellite and former PC in B. The positive rebooking experience I described was in N. Yours?

We also received good help in PMCO B on the same trip, when TK was being very slow in confirming my companion's rebooking, but B did not do the actual rebooking.

(Neither SEA club has a second desk.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.