Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Need Help to Decode UA International baggage policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Hi Experts

Thanks for the great forum and help the fellow users offer.

Need help for in calculating baggage allowance or additional fees if any.

We are three adults and 1 baby (lap seat) traveling from SJC-IAH-FRA-MAA on UA-LH-LH flights. (economy booked using miles)

I stopped by SJC airport few weeks ago and asked whose baggage policy will apply for my trip. The gentlemen at airport told that LH baggage policy will apply. If that's the case I will be fine as I need to check-in 7 bags (2 for each adults and 1 for the baby as per LH India baggage policy).

But digging deeper on internet and this forum it seems if UA forces there baggage policy then I might be eligible only for 3 bags

Can anyone who was in similar situation or had similar experience please chime in?

Experts opinions are also welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.