Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA closed my account.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
So after some digging, I noticed that we used his travel bank and his regional upgrade to get me from Phoenix to Chicago. But there's no rule against using your travel bank to pay for your partner's flight, from what I can tell. We also figured out that the last mileage plus statement that he received was from back in October. I guess the account has been shut off since sometime in November?? We did nothing wrong, I'm sure of that, but I'm freaked out nevertheless. I'm also worried that it may be that someone hacked into his account, which could be just as bad if not worse!!

UPDATE: The account had been hacked and 304,000 miles were spent on a hotel in India. We have never been to India! Luckily it's all sorted and United has returned the miles. Thank god.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:09 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
That's quite reassuring, actually - they suspended the account to protect the customer, not to punish him.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by bklink
UPDATE: The account had been hacked and 304,000 miles were spent on a hotel in India. We have never been to India! Luckily it's all sorted and United has returned the miles. Thank god.
Good news. But why did it take 6 months for them to get this information to you about the hotel in India and the resolution?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by sbrower
Good news. But why did it take 6 months for them to get this information to you about the hotel in India and the resolution?
bk posted yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.